Chapter 5

hey guys :) just wondering what your thoughts are so far :) I would really appreciate some comments or messages with your feedback (and so ik people r actually reading this lol) thanks so much! and if you get confused with the pirate talk i got all the stuff from this site so check it out if u wanna understand more :) http://www.piratetreasurenow.com/pirate-phrases.htm

     I must've been flying for hours. Although she's far away, I can still see the fairy's light. I pick up a little speed, pumped on adrenaline, and try to catch up to her. There's no way in hell I'm letting you get away with my ring. Suddenly the light vanishes. It's simply gone. My heart beats faster and I begin to panic again. Where the hell is she?!" I push myself to go faster and push through the clouds. I catch my breath. Right before me are to stars. I don;t know why, but something inside is telling me to go right.  Well ok then. Here goes nothing.

     I keep flying, but the star doesn't seem to be getting any closer. I'm just about to give up hope when I realize I'm being sucked into blackness. I scream, but the only thing I can hear is wind. I'm tumbling through the air and all I see is blackness. Suddenly, The blackness opens up and I land on something soft . I open my eyes and realize that I'm sitting on a cloud! I'm sitting on an actual cloud! I peer over the edge and I can just about feel my eyes popping out of my head and my breath catches. "Oh. My. God. Where am i?" Before me is an island. A dazzling, ravishing island. The island is covered in green. All trees, with rolling hills and huge mountains. It is entirely surrounded by clear blue water. There's what looks like to be a huge lagoon. And there's something in the middle of it... but what is it? Curiosity gets the best of me and without thinking, I leap into the air and fly down to another cloud, the fairy and my ring temporarily forgotten. I squint my eyes and try to focus on the small dot in the lagoon. Still no luck. I better get closer. I leap off and float down to another cloud, and then the one below it, and the one below that. Finally, I can see what the dot is. It's a huge pirate ship! Like, a legit pirate ship! With the huge sails, a plank and everything! I must be dreaming! This cannot be real! Maybe I fell out of the sky and hit my head. OH MY GOD AM I DEAD?! IS THIS HEAVEN? I quickly pinch myself. Phew. Still alive. I decide to fly closer and investigate. I fly right above the water, and I stick my finger in it and watch the ripples form behind me. I come to the bottom of the ship and sit on a rope hanging from the side in a U shape.

     "Avast ye! Get back to work!" A male voice yells from above.

     "Aye aye!" responds another.

     There's more shouting of orders and men yelling at each other and the smell of rum hung in the air. Wait... "avast" "aye aye"? What the.... Pirates? HOLY CRAP THERE ARE PIRATES! I get that sick feeling in my stomach that tells me to just let it go and get the hell out of there, but I ignore it and float up so I'm looking over the railing of the ship. I was right. Pirates, and lots of them. All around I see nothing but dirty men, literally covered in dirt and god knows what else. It looks (and smells) like they've never heard of a shower. I keep my head low and stay quiet to avoid being seen. Boy did that work out. Not even two minutes later, I feel someone grab me by my hair and pull me over the rail and onto the ship and then I feel the end of a gun pressed up on the back of my head. Great, just great, real smooth Addie. I try to break free but this guy's got me good and he barely budges.

     "Cap'n! Lookie what we have here! A beautiful las ain't she?" my kidnapper practically screams.

     The whole ship goes silent and every eye is on me. Then they all erupt into laughs and make comments. Since they're all talking at once I can only make out a few words and phrases. I hear a lot of  'lassie' and 'she'll make a great little maid' and I kept hearing something about being bait. Great, who knows what I'll be used as bait for.