The Engagement?

Albert's Point Of View 

I wake up on top of Jake, who was lying on the couch.  I look over to see a little plate with icing all over it.  My living room was dimly lit by some fairly lights.  It looks dark outside.  I look up at my clock and see that it's 2:45 a.m.

I gently push myself off Jake and make my way up to my recording room.

"Hey idiots, I just woke up and its 3 a.m.  I'm gonna go do some stupid shi-stuff."  I say groggily, almost breaking the family-friendly act.  

~~~

"NooOOoo."  I turn off my camera, looking at the time.  4:17.  I felt good to use my YouTube voice, but my real voice was always sore afterwards.  

I walk downstairs to see Jake on the floor.  Not surprised that he couldn't stay on the small couch, I cover him up with a blanket.  I smile at my "masterpiece".  

"Take it off.  You house is fucking hot."  He groans.  I sigh, taking the blanket and setting it on the couch.  "Mthankrs."  He mumbles.  I roll my eyes, sitting on the couch.  I use him as a footrest.  

"Dufm."  He groans.  "M'kay."  I say, not moving.  All of a sudden, he yanks my feet, making me land on top him, knocking the wind out of us both.  

I suck in a huge gulp of air, laughing my ass off.  Jake was laughing, too, just not as intense.  "Sorry!"  He says.  "No....problem."  I spit out, still laughing.  

He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me.  I smile into the kiss, enjoying the moment.   

"What time is it?"  He asks, getting up.  "Around 4."  I say.  "Afternoon?!"  He asks.  "Morning."  I reply.  I flop back onto the floor.

"Want a pizza?  Pizza Hut's open 24 hours now."  "Sure."  I groan.  "Get me a salad, too.  I'm trying to be healthy."  

Jake laughs.  "Oh, shut up."  I say.  

~~~

"NO!  YOU FUCKING-NO!"  Jake screams at the TV.  "Dude, I won't spoil it, because this is amazing."  I say, laughing at him.   "And, you spit some pizza on the floor."  I point down.  

He only laughs, spitting out more pizza.  "EW!"  I scream.  "Ow."  I rub my ears.  

YouTube was rubbing off on me.

"STOP SCREAMING!"  Jake screams.  "NO, YOU!"  I scream back.  "NO!"  He screams.  "THIS CAN GO ON ALL NIGHT!  MORNING, ACTUALLY!"  I yell.  "SO BE IT!"  He yells back.  And it did.  It went on for a good ten minutes before we both broke down laughing as we realized what we had been doing. 

Knock Knock

"Well, shit."  I laugh, looking over at the door.  "It must be Riley.  She's right downstairs.  Lives there with her friend, Samantha."  I say.  I look over at Jake.  He looks back at me.  "So?"  I ask.  "Me?"  He shakes his head.  I push him towards the door and then run behind the corner.

KnockKnockKnockKnock

Jake sighs, looks around, then opens the door.

I silently watch.

"H-hello?"  Jake asks, taking an audible gulp.  "Idiot."  I whisper, shaking my head.  

"Uh, who're you?  Where's Albert?"  Samantha asks.  "Oh, uh I'm Jake, his boyfriend.  I shall go get him."  Jake says like the nervous idiot he is.  He walks around the corner.  "Idiot."  I say and he pushes me over.

"Hey, Sam.  What's up?"  I ask, trying to look all cool and leaning on the door frame.  "Could you try to not scream that much.  I mean, we're used to your usual screaming, but you just screamed for ten minutes straight.  You and you're...boyfriend, just keep it down, will ya?"  She rolls her eyes.  "Oh, sure."  I say, slamming the door in her face.  "That went well!"  I brush my hands off.  "Did you just slam the door?!"  Jake asks, looking amused.  I nod.  "Wow.  You're my dream man."  He chuckles.  

"Hmmm.  No."  I say.  "Now, I'm going to go sleep the rest of the day away.  Comin'?"  I ask, heading upstairs.  "Sure."  He says, walking to put the pizza away and turn off the TV before coming upstairs with me.

I sit down on the bed once Jake's in and scroll through Twitter.  I tap aimlessly, about to go to bed, when a certain post from a certain someone catches my eye.

"Just got engaged!"  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the shortest chapter I've written in a while.