The Birthday

Albert' s Point Of View

I open my eyes, rubbing some goo out of them.

'Its my birthday, right?  I'm turning (IDK I'm just writing a random number.  Go with it.) 25 today!'  I think as I smile. 
"Hey babe?"  I murmur over to Jake.

"Yeah?"  He groans, shuffling.  "Can we just stay at home today?  I don't wanna get up."  "Dude, we didn't prerecord anything.  We have to make a video."  He says, sitting up and walking over to his dresser.  He grabs a red shirt and throws it on.  I groan, walking downstairs and grabbing a cereal bar.  "Can you make a video for me?"  I say.  "Fine."

"I'm going to McDonald's.  What do you want?"  I yell, walking upstairs to get dressed.  "I actually have a list.  I'll give it to you when you come down here."  He yells back.

I put on a black, long sleeved shirt, and some white jeans.  I hop downstairs, putting on my red tennis shoes.  "Here."  Jake says, handing me a piece of paper.  "Dude, I'll be out all day!"  I say.  "Pwease!"  He says in his baby voice.  I roll my eyes and hug him.  "See you later."  I say, walking out to my car. 

~~~

I drive down to Walmart, first.  They have everything.  I look at the list.  "Milk?"  I murmur.  I thought we had milk.  I walk over to the dairy section.

~~~

A COUPLE LONG HOURS LATER

I jump in my car, driving the ten minute drive to my house.  I just wanted to flop down on my bed and fall fast asleep.

I hop out of the car, unlocking Jake's door.  

"Surprise!"  I hear some people scream.  I fall backwards onto my ass.  I see Jake, Anthony, Lana, and Meg dying of laughter.  Jake manages to drag himself over to me and stick out his hand.  I grab it, pulling my self up.  "You dick."  

He brings me over to the kitchen table that had a big cake on it.  It was just plain red, with, "Albitch" across it.  Nothing too special.

~~~

"Bye, guys!  Thank's for coming!"  I say, waving to everyone as they leave.  

"So, whatcha wanna dooooo?"  Jake asks, plopping down with his phone.  "I dunno.  Wanna go to the beach?  I heard the sunset's nice."  I say, eating another piece of cake.   

"'Kay."  He says.  "You can borrow some of my swim trunks."

"Thanks." 

~~~

"Right."  I say.  He turns right, making me almost fall out of my seat.  "Jesus!  Where did you get your driver's license?!" 

"Ohio."  He says nonchalantly.  "Well, fuck you and Ohio."  I mumble.  

~~~

Jake's Point Of View

"You bitch!"  I scream as Albert steals my phone.  He giggles as he run along the shore.  I pause, bending over in exhaustion.  "Just don't drop in it the water."  I pant.  

"Oh, you don't want me to drop it in the water?"  He yells teasingly.  "Ya, yeet!"  He chucks the small box about a quarter mile out into the sea.  "Oops!"  He laughs.  

I sigh.  There's a lot of anger in me, but I'm learning to manage it.  "Oh, God, don't have a fit while you're at it."  Albert mumbles, rolling his eyes and walking over.  "Don't fret.  I'll get you a new one."  

I grab him and throw him over my shoulder.  "What the fuck?!"  He screams.  I walk into the water to where it's deep enough.  "Yeet."  I say, plopping him into the water.  "Oops."  I say when he comes up.  

Someone shoves me from behind, and even under the water, I can still hear Albert's obnoxious laugh.  

I push the water out of my eyes and see Lana.  "What was that for?!"  I ask.  "You dropped him!"  She pointed to Albert as he smirked.  "He threw my phone into the ocean!"  I yell.  "Oh.  Well, in that case,"  She was about to tackle Albert, when Anthony wrapped his arms around her and yelled his "battle woops."  They both fall over as I roll out of the way.  

"Now all of you are pitching in to buy me a phone."  I say, standing up.  

"Hah.  Joke's on you.  I don't get my check for another month."  Albert says.  

"I don't need my phone this month!"  I say as he gets up and walks overt to the towels with me.  "Why is that?"  He asks, drying his hair.  "I have you!"  I say and grab him.  "Dude, stop!  I'm gonna fall!  You're too cheesy!"  He screams.  

"Not until you gimme the money!"  I laugh.  "It's in my back pack!  Right on the towel!  It's all I have!"  

I walk over and unzip his book bag.  There was ten bucks.  I took one of the fives.  "That's all I wanted.  I needed some money for a bag of chips.  Movie night at your place!"  I say.  

~~~

"Ha.  It's funny because he died."  I say, rolling on the floor.  I was feeling a little loopy for no reason.  It just happens at random moments and I can't control it.  The popcorn was falling out of my mouth onto the floor.  "Dude, I'm gonna have to vacuum.  Hah, that's funny."  Albert says, staring at me.  "No, but really, what are you doing?"

"I don't know!"  I laugh and start to choke.  I actually start crying.  "Skeet, yeet, tickle my feet, Jerry!"  I choke again.  This time, Albert starts laughing, too.

"This was probably the worst birthday ever."  He says and rolls his eyes, pulling me back up onto the couch.  "You're welcome!"  I kiss his forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YES!  Anyone who is still reading this, finally!  I know it took a while.  Writers block sucks.  I'm so happy for this to finally be out.  I hope you enjoyed!