Chapter 10

TO ALL MY BEAUTIFUL READERS, THANKS SO MUCH.

Recap:  "Hey honey, how was your first day?

"It was good, thanks mom."

"Scarlett, you missed training for the past three days.  I don't want this to become a habit."

God, he didn't even say hi, all he has to talk about is the stupid training.  What happened to my father?  How was I supposed to get over whatever it was he was hiding from me if he doesn't even try and make up for it. 

Chapter 10

I swear, he was turning into uncle Liam.  He was just like that with Nora, his daughter.  Well, until what happened.  It was tragic if you think about it.  

I seriously hope, for everyone's sake, we don't turn into them.  Ever.

I didn't bother answering him.  I think the look I gave him said enough.  I walked right into my room and grabbed my phone.

Hey punk, you're officially the worst friend ever.  You didn't even say bye.  But anyways, call, text, whatever just let me know you're okay.  Okay, now I wait.  

Or better yet, I let off some steam.

I changes into some sweatpants and a tank top.  If I had a cape right now, I would have screamed 'to the basement' with one hand held out high while the other on my waist.  Superhero style, that's right.

Punching bag, there you go.  I went towards it, I put my headphones in and let the music carry me.  I didn't even bother to wear the gloves, my hands will be messed up tomorrow, but I didn't care.  I punched and punched.  Each time my fist hit the punching bag, I felt a bit of tension leave my body as my hand absorbed the shock from it.  My knuckled were tingling, that felt so good.  It's sounds sadistic, I know.  But I feel like the physical pain brings me peace inside.   

I punched away all the angry I had towards my dad, all the worry I had about Eddie, and most of all, all the weird emotion Kyle makes me feel.  I was like I can feel a bazillion emotions at the same time around him.  I felt, love, worry, lust, confusion, and those tingles.  God, those tingles.  They were out of this world.  It was like my body was tingling to be next to him.  Like he was the air I needed to breath.  It was crazy I know.  How can you feel like this with someone you barely know, maybe love at first sight does exist.

Someone once told me love comes with time.  But that's not true love.  It's more of a feeling of comfort and protection to someone you've known for a while that it starts to feels like love.  Don't get me wrong, yeah you love them and so on.  But you can't say you're in love with them.  Because no matter how long you know a person,  you won't feel the tingles I feel with Kyle.  Because those, they come instantly, not over time.

So, what was I getting at?  Am I in love with Kyle?

I was too afraid to answer that.  Because even though I just met him, I felt like I've known him a lifetime.  I could feel the skin on my hands start to tear a little because of how long I've been doing this.  I just couldn't find it in me to stop.  I lost myself to my mind.  

A hand landed on my shoulder and I turned around so fast, I got a whip lash.  My fist connected with a face instead of the punching bag.

"Oh my God!  Dad, I'm so sorry.  I didn't mean it.  Are you okay?"

My dad rubbed his jaw,  "Quite a right hook you got there.  I taught you well."

I felt horrible.  I mean yeah I was mad at him, but seriously, I just hit my dad.

"I'm so sorry, dad.  Honestly, you just scared me.  I didn't even realize it was you.  I am so, so sorry."

"It's okay, Scarlett."