Chapter 6

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR READS AND VOTES :)

Picture of her parents on the side. 

Chapter 6

I really, thought I was in a bad dream right now.  What should I do?  God, if I give Eddie a chance and it didn't work out, I might lose him as a friend.  If I didn't give him a chance, I might still lose him a friend as well.  I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't.

He didn't saying anything else the whole ride home, and neither did I.  I didn't want to have to make a decision on the spot.  I actually wanted time to think it through.  You know look at the pros and cons of things.  Heck, I might even make that chart that they make you do in English class before you write a persuasive essay.

So all I could was stare out the window the whole time.  The night sky in Pennsylvannia was beautiful.  You can see every star there was to see, and the full moon made everything around it glow.  It almost looked magical because of how close the moon was tonight.

Once we got to front of my house, I couldn't help but notice that my parents' car was not in the driveway.

Really?  It's almost 2am, what the hell were they doing out so late? I mean, it's not like it hasn't happened before, but why don't they ever tell me about it?

I would totally get it if they wanted some alone time without me.  Parents do it all the time.  Right?

"They're not home Eddie, you can come in through the door again." It was the first thing I said to him since that question I asked.  I'm not going to let things get weird.  "Where do you think they are anyways?  Catching up on some alone time?" I wiggled my eyebrows at the last part.

He laughed, "No, Scar.  I think your parents are too serious for some alone time," he wiggled his eyebrows just like I did, "outside of the house.  I'm sure there's other things they're probably doing right now."  His voice drew out the word 'other'.

"Other things like what?"

"I don't know Scar, why don't you ask them?"  He sounded annoyed.

"Jeez, you're like sunshine right now."  I can feel my face crinkle up at how his tone annoyed me.

"I'm sorry."  He placed his thumb between my eyebrows to straighten the line that always forms when I frown.  He didn't say anything else, and I didn't try to lighten up the mood as usual; so I just went out the car.

I heard his car door open and close by the time I was going to close mine.  Damn he was fast. Really fast.

I walked in my house and turn on the light, I could feel that Eddie was right behind me.  I swear his body heat was radiating onto me.

The tension was thick in the air and no one was saying a word.  Eddie walked to my couch and turned on the TV.  Dawn of the Dead was on and I wasn't in the mood to watch it.  I left the room and went into the kitchen looking for anything to consume even though I wasn't hungry or thirsty, I just really felt the need to get something, anything in my system.

I scavenged through the fridge and all I could was healthy things. Uhhh, I really want something I can taste.  On to the freezer in the basement it is. 

The door leading to basement was right on the side of the entrance to the kitchen, so I didn't go past Eddie as I went.

As a kid I was always afraid of the basement.  Mainly due to the fact that my parents kept all the guns and explosives they sell in the basement.  Before anything is said about how crazy that is, my dad works for the government and since his military days, he's been selling firearms.  I got over it though.  I thought it was the coolest thing ever when my dad taught me how to shoot when I was 13.  My mom used to complain about it but I always sided with my dad.  Until he came up with the stupid self defense lessons he's been giving me lately.  Come on, what, did he think I was going to war or something?