Chapter 8

Recap: He wiped away my tears with his thumbs.  I was still crying on his shoulder when he was picking me up.

"What-" sniff "are you-" sniff sniff "doing?" sniff

"I'm getting you out of here, do you know how dangerous it gets out here?"  He sounded too serious.  I looked over at the magical place one more time through my clouded eyes and knew I would try and find my way back here again.

Chapter 8

I told Eddie I didn't want to go home and he never asked a thing about it, and for that I was thankful.  I was never really big on talking about 'feelings' or any of that.  I was already embarrassed about crying and I didn't want to be anymore mushy than I already was.

We sat in his car for an eternity, I was rampaging through his music.  There was a great collection of indie music.  I think I liked a lot at the moment because of how mellow the tune was but the lyrics held a many different moods to it.

"Uhm, what about this one? I never heard it.  Where did you find it?"

"It's a hit in the UK.  I'm telling you, the British have talent.  And they're successful, just look at one direction or the wanted.  They're going places."

I couldn't help the huge grin that appeared on my face because this was the first time Eddie ever mentioned One Direction without completely bashing them.  "So, I'll take it that you now have the one direction infection." I laughed at his face.  It was twisted in a 'did you just really say that' expression.

"I swear Scar, the things you say sometimes are just too much."

I smiled, I was glad that Eddie was here.  He always seemed to get my mood up.  I wanted this moment in the car to last forever because at this moment everything was so easy and it was the way it should be.  It was just me and my best friend, not me trying to satisfy my anger at Kyle by being with Eddie.

The sky was starting to darken and I could see the moon looked out of place next to the still bright skies.

"Okay, maybe I do say some weird things at times, but you're not any more normal than I am."

"That's why we're friends, Scar.  Our weirdness connects."

"Yeah, friends."  I emphasised the word because that's what I wanted us to be.  I'm not going to use Eddie like that again, I promise myself that.

"Oh, this song is good."

"Yeah, it is. You know that the singer wrote this about a homeless girl he met who was a prostitute and a drug addict."

"Wow, that's somewhat depressing."  Why did it sound so happy?  Whatever, it's still good.  

We stayed like this for what felt like an eternity.  It came so easy, just like old times.  We were just sitting in the car listening to music and talking, just like any normal teenagers.  When I finally felt ready to go home, it was 12 a.m.  I had to wake up early tomorrow because my mom always makes me go to church on Sundays.  She was never religious, but after what happened last time, she felt at peace at church.  She took me along, I honestly don't know why.  But, I guess I feel at peace there too.

My sleep was invaded by nightmares, images flashing of that night again.  I gave up on sleep the 6th time I woke up.  Eddie still slept over again, but he was a heavy sleeper so I didn't wake him.  Thank God.  He would have freaked out, lets just say he loves his sleep.  At 5 am, I went downstairs to watch TV, so I don't make noise in my room.  There's literally nothing to watch at this time.  I looked for movies on demand and decided to go for something scary and started watching The Silent House.  I didn't think it was that scary, just the fact that it was based on true events made it creepy.