Chapter 4

THANKS FOR READING

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

PICTURE OF EDDIE ON THE SIDE

Chapter 4

This week passed by so fast.  It was kind of uneventful.  After the first day, I swear people were avoiding me.  And by people I mean, Kyle, Lara, and Aiden.  Jake, not so much.  But still, they didn't even invite me back to the lunch table.  Wow, was my first impression that bad?

I actually made a habit of grabbing my food and sitting on the bleachers in the football field to eat.  It was slightly cold but I liked it.  It left me in peace.  Even though Kyle was avoiding me, I couldn't help steal glances at him.  The moments when we would make eye contact, electricity would course through my body.  Though every time I did look, a different girl would be there just throwing themselves at him.  Ugh didn't they ever hear of self-respect.

Okay, I'll admit, that was out of jealousy, but seriously come on. What would you do in my place?

Everyday this whole week, I would get home and try to get more settled in, but I couldn't really bring myself to get rid of the boxes because I knew for sure I would be needing them soon.  Hopefully very soon.  Somehow that thought both made me relieved and upset.

This was how most of the week passed by.  Well at least tomorrow I would get to see Eddie.

"Dad, I want to go look for a job."  I said as we sat to eat dinner.

"Why?"

"Just a way to keep me busy, and get some cash."

"If you really want to make yourself busy, I can always spend extra time with the training session."  My mom gave him a meaningful look but didn't say anything.  Maybe she knew how I really couldn't give a damn about self-defense.  I already knew too much, I don't need to know more.

"But, I think I'm getting enough training on the weekends.  Please dad.  Come on, so you prefer that I just wander aimlessly after school or actually do something useful."

That's when my mom cut in, "Steven, I think it's a great idea."

"Caroline, I don't like the idea of some stranger bossing my baby around." 

"Well, I think it'll teach her responsibility.  Besides, I don't want her around some of the kids from school."  She gave him a knowing look.

My dad sighed.  Crucial sign that he was one push away from agreeing.  "Yeah, dad.  Besides, it'll look great on college applications."

"Fine.  You can get a job.  But the minute anyone disrespects you, you let me know right away.  Always remember your dignity."  My dad was real big on pride and I kinda get where he was coming from.  I mean come on,  everyone needs some pride or people would walk all over them.

I squealed with happiness. "Yes! Thanks dad. Love you."

He smiled, clearly amused. "I know."

By then I was done with my dinner and I headed into town.  It was still 5:50 by the time I got to the mall.  I went to different stores looking for jobs and by the tenth I was just tired of the mall.  I decided to look at the vintage stores in town.  I ended stopping at Gold Million Record, they said they were hiring and I couldn't be any happier.  The really nice girl behind the counter, Melissa, said that if I came in Monday afternoon, I had the job.   It was a music store and I loved music.  All kinds from all times.

You know how in movies, the perfect song would play at the perfect moments making it so magical.  I wished life was like that sometimes.  

I once watched a Family Guy episode where Peter had his own soundtracks because a genie granted him that wish.  Yeah, that would be awesome in real life too.