Chapter 7 part 2

GUYS THE LAST CHAPTER WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A LITTLE LONGER BUT I ACCIDENTALLY SAVED OVER THE LAST 2 PAGES AND IT'S GONE, SO I THOUGHT I'D WRITE IT HERE INSTEAD.  I CAN'T PROMISE I'LL WRITE IT WORD FOR WORD BEFORE BECAUSE I'MMOST LIKELY GOING TO SUMMARIZE WHAT I CAN REMEMBER. SORRY ABOUT THAT

Chapter 7 continued

Well, looks like I'm going to be here a while.  I settled against the tree again.  It was almost 3 in the afternoon, so the day was currently at it's brightest.  Two more hours, give or take, and it would get dark.  I really hope someone finds me, soon.

I couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched.  Maybe the whole, trees have eyes thing was true.  Whatever, I was probably being paranoid.  I watched the stream and was amazed that something can be so beautiful.

SNAP!

I heard a twig snap.  I was instantly standing in a defensive postion.

The noise sounded like two light weight animals having a fight.

Should I go see what it was?

I founded myself cautiously walking towards the sound.  My footsteps sounded raucous.  The noise was now gone.  I started to see the leafs moving, and I unconsciously moved a couple feet back.  Well, dad, looks like your lessons are going to pay off after all.

I was waiting for Jason, or Freddy Coguar, or something to come out from behind the leafs.  So you can only imagine my surprise when it was Eddie who appeared out of thin air.

"Scar, are you okay?"

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.  I could hear my heart beats pounding through my ears, and my mouth was as dry as ever.  "Yeah, how did you find me?" I sounded like I was running a maraton.

"I was waiting for you to text me, but when you didn't I thought I could go for a run and explore the place.  I heard someone and came to see what was going on, only to find you standing there looking like you were about to murder the next person you saw.  What are you doing here Scar, alone, 8 miles into the forest?  Do you have any idea what could have happened?"

"8 miles?  Wow, was I really that deep in thought?"

He looked at me concerned.  "Scar, are you sure you're okay?"

I really had to get this off my chest.  I felt my eyes sting as the hot liquid poured into them.  Before I can say a single word, Eddie was giving me a hug I desperately needed.  

"It's okay Scar.  Whatever it is, I know it's going to get better, or you will make the best out of it.  Because that's what you do Scar.  You make the best out of the worst situations."

I knew the only reason I was crying was because I didn't let it out earlier.  I felt like was oppressing myself.  

He wiped away my tears with his thumbs.  I was still crying on his shoulder when he was picking me up.

"What-" sniff "are you-" sniff sniff "doing?" sniff

"I'm getting you out of here, do you know how dangerous it gets out here?"  He sounded too serious.  I looked over at the magical place one more time through my clouded eyes and knew I would try and find my way back here again.