Chapter 28- 12th Of July

Levi's POV

12th of July. The day everyone has been dreading. Eren and I are lying on the hospital bed together. Eren has been getting worse since our wedding. We could barely stand and needs help to sit up. My heart has been aching a lot lately, because Eren's heart has been slowly dying. Carla, Mary, Jaden, Taylor, Hanji, Mikasa and Annie and Erwin and Armin are all in the room with us.

I'm clutching to Eren's hand and everyone is crying. The doctor is standing by his bedside watching the heart rate monitor.

''Baby... How are you feeling?''

''Tired... and scared. Levi I don't want to die. I want to stay with you. Have a family with you, grow old together and die together...'' Tears streamed down our faces.

''I-I know Baby... I want that too.'' Eren lifted his hand to my cheek and wiped away my tears. He smiled at me.

''I love you so much Levi. Thank you for everything.''

''I love you too Eren... I'm going to miss you so much.''

''I will miss you too but I'll watch over you every second of every day for the rest of your life.'' I kissed his hand and smiled at him sadly.

Eren's POV

I was extremely tired. I just wanted to sleep, but I knew if I did I wouldn't wake back up. I stroked Levi's hair and smiled at him. I looked to my Mum.

''Mum... I'm sorry I left you so early. Please look after Levi. Make sure you're both not lonely... for me. I love you so much thank you for being the best Mother ever.''

''E-Eren...'' I smiled at her and turned to Mikasa and Armin.

''Mikasa... Armin... Have a wonderful life with your mates. Have children and grow old surrounded by the people you love. I'll always look after you from above.''

''I-It won't be the same without you Eren.''

''You deserve that life with Levi more than us.'' I shook my head.

''It seems the world had other plans for me.'' I turned to Erwin and Annie

''Erwin, Annie please take care of my best friends.'' They nodded and I turned to Mary, Jaden and Taylor.

''Mary. We didn't meet very long ago but I have felt like I have known you for years. Don't forget that you can talk to my Mum and Levi, they are you're friends too.'' She smiled at me and shook her head.

''You were my first true friend Eren. Thank you.'' I smiled at her.

''Jaden. You were the son I could never have. I may not be your real Dad but I felt like I was. Have a wonderful life with Taylor.'' Jaden jumped onto me and hugged me tightly. I ruffled his hair and kissed the top of his head.

''D-DAD! Please don't l-leave us!''

''Shhh. Jaden it's okay. I'm okay.'' I smiled at him and he got off me and went back to Taylor, crying into his shoulder. I finally turned to Hanji.

''Hanji...''

''No Eren please don't. I don't think I could take it.'' I chuckled and shook my head.

''I don't care Hanji please...'' She reluctantly nodded. ''Hanji I have known you since I joined the College. I told you everything about my life. You helped me through so much. You even talked me out of suicide.'' Everyone gasped and Levi gripped my hand tighter. ''You have been a great friend to both me and Levi. I hope you will continue to help Levi through my death. I'm so grateful for making mine and Levi's wedding perfect. Thank you for everything.'' I smiled at everyone.