20- Family Life

Though Remus's house was small and simple, Sara adored it. It was not much bigger than her own home, but it was filled with personal items, knicknacks, and photos. That her own house lacked.
Despite having a werewolf for a son, the normality of the Lupin household, was marvellous. You would never know that there was anything off, about their lives, from looking around their home.
And Sara liked that.
"I'm sorry that our house is so small" Lyall apologised over dinner that night.
"No need to apologise Mr Lupin. My own house isn't much bigger" replied Sara.
"Please, call me Lyall. There's no need for such formalities, while you're staying here"
"O.K... Lyall".

"We don't have any spare rooms either, so you two will have to share a room. I'm hoping you two will behave maturely, during your stay Sara" said Hope.
Remus turned red, and began to look rather uncomfortable.
"Don't worry about them, love. I'm sure they will behave responsibly while they're here. Afterall, boys can't even enter the girls dorms at Hogwarts. So I'm sure they are used to giving each other space, when it comes to sleeping arrangements" commented Lyall.
"Yes, of course we will... Although, girls can enter the boys dorms, as we found out. Which is a bit of a double standered, if you ask me" admitted Sara.
Remus, who had just taken a sip of his drink, spluttered, and began to choke.
"I mean- I only ever go in there during the day, when I want to speak to all the boys at once. I've never been in alone, with Remus" continued Sara quickly.

"I see... And where did you two lovers, meet again, I've forgotten?" Hope asked, trying to diffuse the awkward tension in the room.
"We were in the same train carriage, on the way to Hogwarts, in our first year" said Sara quietly.
"How sweet. Love at first sight"
"I guess so... Although we were just friends for several years, before we got together. But according to our other friends, we have always had eyes for one another"
"The way that Remus spoke about you at home, made me think that there was something more between the two of you".
"Mum" warned Remus, who didn't want to be embarressed in front of Sara.
Sara grinned, and elbowed Remus.
"I'm glad that I came up in conversation, so often" she teased.
Remus blushed again, and his parents laughed.
"Aww, we didn't mean to embarress you, sweetheart" said Hope.

Sara smiled, but she felt a pain in heart, as she looked at the happy family dynamic around her, that she had never experienced, in her own home.
"Are you O.K?" Questioned Lyall, as he looked at Sara's sad expression.
She quickly flashed him a smile, and nodded.
"Yes. Sorry. I'm just a little tired, after a whole day of travelling".
"Of course. Remus, why don't you show Sara to your room. We've already set out a camp bed for her to sleep in" instructed Lyall.
Remus nodded, and climbed out of his seat, taking Sara's hand as he went, leading the way upstairs.

"What's wrong?" Remus asked, once they had reached his bedroom.
Sara sat down on his bed, and sighed.
"It's nothing. I just- Looking at you, and your parents, it reminded me of the life I never had... I never got to meet my father, and my mother has been stuck, for most of my life, So I never got the chance, to have a normal life, like yours".
Remus sat down beside her, taking her hand into his own.
"I'd hardly call it normal... I'm sorry about your dad... It's a shame that your mother never told you his name. If we'd had his name, we could've tracked him down".
"No. I never want to meet him. He abandoned my mother, and me. If he didn't want to marry someone with my condition, I doubt he'd want to get to know his daughter, who has the same problem"
"He might have changed over the years, you never know. Besides, you only have the story from your mothers perspective. You don't know what actually happened, between your mother and father"
"True. But he's not here now. And he's missed out on my whole life. So I wouldn't want him to suddenly get involved anyway, even if he wanted to... Lets just forget about my father. This Christmas is supposed to be, about, you, and me right".

Remus lent in closer to Sara, and placed his lips against hers, kissing her gently.
"I think I can agree to those terms" he whispered.
Sara grinned, and placed her hand on his face, stroking it gently.
"I love you. Did I mention that?" Quizzed Sara.
"I think you may have done. Once or twice" replied Remus.
"Well, I'm saying it again. I love you"
"I love you too".
The pair lent in, and kissed each other, much stronger than before.
"I know your parents want us to behave ourselves, while I'm here. But I'm not sure that I can" murmered Sara.
"I agree. When I'm in a room with you, you're all I can think about" admitted Remus.
"It's nice to know, that I'm in your head, just as much as you're in mine".

Remus's hands moved around Sara, pulling her closer to his body. He moved his face towards Sara's, but she placed a finger over his lips.
"I don't think that making out, while your parents are downstairs, is such a good idea. Especially after they told us to be mature adults, and they let us sleep in the same room" she said quietly.
Remus sighed, and moved a strand of hair out of Sara's face.
"What's the point of having you here, away from the other Marauders, if I can't spend time alone with you?" He questioned.

"We've got all Christmas, to spend time alone together" reminded Sara.
"The holidays aren't actually that long, you know" Remus commented, giving Sara a sad look.
"Eugh, it's so hard to resist those big brown eyes of yours"
"Then don't".
Sara rolled her eyes, and laced her fingers through Remus's hair tenderly.
Remus's raised an eyebrow, and Sara nodded.
He pressed his lips against hers, kissing her, harder than ever before. And she kissed him back, just as passionately, holding him so tight, as if she was never going to let go.