ChApTeR 27

βRICҜ

A few of my tears fall off my cheeks and onto Blossom's chest. My chest rises and falls with heaves as incredible anger swirls in my chest. My eyes begin to glow bright red and I float up off the ground, slowly turning towards Mojo. My body glows red as I ball my fists and feel my powers enhance. The glowing fades away and I flew my arm out, turning sharply to Mojo.

"You killed her!" I say harshly. Mojo's green eyes widen in fear and he scrambles onto his feet. "You...killed her!"

"I did it for you, my son!" Mojo pleads, backing away. I float down into the ground and take a step forward. Where my foot had been the wet grass was being burnt with bright fire. Mojo gulps and backs up more.

"Someone told me that, once," I say, continuing to walk towards Mojo. The Monkey hits his throne and falls down onto his butt. "I didn't believe them then either."

I close my fists and fire points out of them into a sword. I throw my hand forward and jab it at Mojo.

Mojo clamps his eyes shut, waiting for the pain. When nothing happens he peeks them open and looks at me. I breath heavily and hold the fire dagger right before his chest, singing his fur.

"I'm not you," I say in barely a whisper. Mojo sports a weak smile and I narrow my eyes at him. "But I'm not myself anymore." I bring the dagger into his skin and start cutting up his chest. He screams and withers in pain but the earth around him comes up and holds him still. I pull away and the fire evaporates. I smile down at my work. Mojo would never forget what he'd done. Not that he was labeled "King".

"Brick!" Bubbles calls out. I turn away from the monkey, my mind returning to the present. Blossom. I run over to Bubbles who is kneeling down next to Blossom. Tears trek down her face as Buttercup places a pale hand to comfort her on her shoulder. Next to her, Butch has his hand wrapped around her waist so she won't fall over. I turn to look at Butch and he frowns sadly at me.

"Guys!" a voice shouts. We all turn and see Boomer running across the field towards us.

"Boomer!" Bubbles chokes out. She scrambles to her feet and runs out to meet him, flinging herself in his arms. He hugs her tightly, picking her up as her knees collapse under her. He holds her close and rubs her head, looking at us. His eyes turn towards the now clear path to Blossom's body and his face tightens. I turn away from them and take Bubbles' place. My fingers grab Blossom's cold, dead hand and I feel the sting of tears prickling my eyes.

"Blossom," I murmur, running my hand down her jaw line. I shake my head and move her head onto my lap. Her head rolls limply onto my leg, her pink lips still parted in her last breath. "I'm so sorry, Blossom. I'm so, so sorry."

βLΩSSΩM

I float away from my body and raise up into the air. I feel light and full, a feeling I haven't felt in a long time. I take a fresh breath and smile, looking down. My smile fades as I watch Brick float into the air and start towards Mojo. Fear rips through my chest as I look at him. His hair hangs sharply in his face, red light glows from his eyes, my blood is splattered over his chest and pants, and fire forms a dangerous shield around him.

I try to fly back downwards, to tell him to stop. There was nothing he could do now. I was gone.

I float up faster until they're just specks on the ground. Finally I pass through the dark clouds into pure white, fluffy ones. I guild my hand through one, watching as the wisps followed my fingers.

I stop at a pretty high up cloud and look around. There was a light brown cottage on this one, if that's even possible. I frown and float across the wispy white sidewalk to the door. There is no address or last name, just a golden doorknob. I reach forward and grab the knob, twisting it. The door pops open and the smell of lavender fills my senses. I frown as a distant memory tries to fill my mind, but I can't get a picture.