ChApTeR 23

βRICҜ

"Brick?" Green asks, appearing in the hole between mine and Blossom's cells.

"Green!" I shout, jumping to my feet. "How are you here?"

"Mojo outsmarted me," she admits with a sad note. I frown and come up to the hole, grabbing the sides.

" Do you know where they took Blossom?" I ask desperately. Green frowns in confusion.

"No. What happened?" she asks, her voice tight with worry. I release the sides and turn away from her, looking down at the floor. "Brick?"

"It was my fault. Mojo is going to execute her," I say sadly. Green doesnt say anything but i can feel the static building up from her side of the cell.

"He's going to kill Blossom!" A squeky voice gasps from the cell to the right of mine. I jump in surprise and Green raises an eyebrow, shock on her face.

"Bubbles?" Green gasps, her face shinning with eager excitement. I run up to the wall and pull back my fist, letting it fly towards the bricks. The wall and my hand impact hard, but a cloud of dust fills the air, making blue cough.

"I'm...right...here! Gah," she coughs, covering her mouth as her bright blue eyes come into veiw.

"Where did they take Blossom?" I ask eagerly, waving my hand to clear some of the dust. Blue coughs a few more times and mimics me, her bright glowing eyes scanning me.

"Mojo called her up right after he talked with me," she says weakly, leaning into the hole. "Can i come in?"

i nod my head and she jumps through, landing on her feet. Green jumps through her hole and runs over, pulling Blue into a hug. Blue laughs weakly and hugs Green back while i stand there. Guilt cuts through me as i imagine Blossom here, joining the hug with her sisters. Because of me she might not ever be able to touch her sisters again.

"Are my brothers here?" I ask, cutting off the happy moment. Blue and Green instantly stop talking and looks of guilt and sadness cross over their faces. I frown slightly as my stomach tightens. "W-where are they?"

"Boomer might be somewhere in Egypt..." Blue says quietly, looking away and rubbing her wrists. For the first time i notice that instead of blonde hair hers is black?

"And Butch is in the Amazon with a robotic meerkat," Green says bluntly, shrugging as if it were no big deal. I blink at them slowly and furrow my eyebrow.

"Egypt? The Amazon?" I yell. I take a deep breath and rub my forehead, looking at the girls. "Why aren't they here?"

"Brandon grabbed me and flew off. Boomer tried to grab me, but he couldn't," Blue explains, her voice cracking. I frown and feel guilty for snapping at them. I wasn't the only one who lost their counterpart, just the one that lost her for good.

"Mojo poisened me. I had to surrendor myself or die in three days," Green says nonchalantly, but i saw her muscles clench with fear. I release a sigh and drop my hand, opening my mouth.

"Get female prisoners," a robotic voice says, clanking the keys. Panic fills my chest and my eyes go wide.

"Go, go, go!" I whisper, shoving them towards the holes. Blue jumps out with no problem while Green tries to wriggle back through her smaller hole. I run over and start pushing on her feet until she falls through, just as the door opens.

"Come prisoners, Mojo wishes you to see the demise of your..." the robot pauses, searching for the word in its database. "Sister."

"Where would that be?" Blue asks, her voice trying to seem calm, but truley excited. I smile in appreciation and silently thank Blue.

"To the courtyard for beheading," the robot getting Blue says obliviously. Blue and green gasp in surprise and i growl silently with anger. Mojo was seriously gonna pay.

"Come now prisoners," the second robot responds harshly. There are two metalic clanks as the robots handcuff Blue and Green, and then the solid thunks of their cell doors being closed. I lean up to the crack in the door as i watch them disappear, Blue glancing back and giving me a secret worried smile before being dragged away. I smile and push open the door, quietly walking forward and watching the back of the robot's disappear from the stairs. I smile happily and start up the stairs, step after step closer to Blossom.

βLΩSSΩM

Two robots cuffed my hands behind my back and pointed spears at my back, harshly poking me to a large walled in yard with an old fashioned guillotine placed in the center.

A sharp pain to my lower left part of my back signals to turn right towards a line of chairs with a throne in the center. Mojo sits on the center throne, his robe and crown still on him.

One robot grabs my arm and shoves me down, forcing me onto my knees. My hair flowed freely, my bangs in my face and my long hair reaching my waist.

"Typically I would have just killed you when you fell through that hole two days ago," Mojo starts in a loud voice, snapping his finger. Two robots appear, each holding a prisoner. Buttercup and Bubbles. "But I was feeling generous today."

"Blossom!" Bubbles shouts, squirming in her captures arms. I open my mouth, but can't speak. Finally I snap it shut as tears start to blue my vision. I blink them away.

"You can't do this Mojo!" Buttercup pleads, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Please Professor!"

"SILENCE!" Mojo screams, jumping to his feet. He pants with strained breath and glares down at Buttercup. "I am NOT professor!"

"Of course you aren't!" I shout, gaining my voice. "You'd never be as great as him, because when your body turned so did your mind!"

"You're testing my limits, girl," Mojo warns, his voice breathy.

"But I'll be dead anyway," I laugh humorlessly, almost crazish. "I have no limits!"

"I believe death poses a very high limit," Mojo says with a reasonable tone, settling smugly back into his chair.

"Maybe for you," Bubbles murmurs, but Mojo ignores her.

"Robot's bring the prisoner to the stand. I want to get this over with," Mojo says boredly. Bubbles screams out in fury while Buttercup thrashes to no avail as I'm lifted to my feet and dragged over to the sharp silver blade.

"No!" Bubbles screamed as the robot's handcuffed her to a seat, shoving Buttercup down into the one next to her.

"Don't do this!" Buttercup pleads as she too is pinned down. I bow my head as the robot's drag my up to the steps, releasing me.

"Place your neck on post," one commands, pushing me forward. I climb slowly up the steps and kneel down, setting my chin on the small slot and look out at the view before me. The green field, my crying family, and my maniac father.

I close my eyes and reach up to my neck, grabbing my cross necklace. Tears slide down my cheeks and I take a shaky breath as I hear the robot's take their place to release the blade.

"Brick." and the blade is released.