ChApTeR 1

ᗷOOᗰEᖇ

"Boys!" it is a soft call, but strong enough to pull me from my dreams.

I know I'm the first one up because I hear Butch murmuring in his sleep. "That tickles, Brick."

The messed up mind of my brothers.

"Wake up, Butch. Mojo wants us," I whisper, shaking his shoulder. Butch's arm is so toned that even my hand can barely reach around it. I resort to shoving him roughly. One green eye pops open, and then the other. I see a fire behind them, one that I know will need to burn off for a few hours.

"Go. Away. Boomer," he spaces his words out so that each feel like a stab of a knife.

"Mojo wants us," I persist in my quiet voice. I'm deadly, Mojo made sure of that, but not nearly so much as Butch or Brick. I'm the runt in their eyes. They can care less about what I do with myself.

Butch's eyes burn bright with annoyance, but we know better than to disobey Mojo. Even Butch can't ignore him.

Finally he sighs and sits up, moving his head forward slightly so he misses the block of wood. No matter how many times I try, I can never accomplish it. I always end up bashing my head into something. "Go wake up sleeping beauty." It isn't a question, but a command. I want to say no, but the look in Butch's eyes makes me snap my mouth shut. I growl under my breath, but move to wake up my less understandable brother.

"Wake up, Brick," I say, poking his arm. He swats away my hand and turns over, snoring deeply. I roll my eyes and look over to Butch who shrugs and starts to get dressed. I shake my head and turn back to the lump on the bed, clicking my tongue. "Come on! Get your lazy ass up!" I hiss and push him. With a scream and a thud, Brick rolls right off his bed. Oops.

"Boomer!" he yells, sitting up. The fire behind his eyes isn't masked. Instead it is like an inferno. I can already imagine him roasting me on a spittle. He pushes himself up and jumps over the bed, tackling me to the floor.

"Ladies, I believe Mojo called us," Butch says from above us as Brick puts me in a headlock. Brick stops and looks up, surprised. Butch is casting a shadow above us. I look up and see that he is already wearing black shorts and a muscle shirt. He raises an eyebrow at us. Brick sighs and hops off me, rushing to the hall in his red tank top and grey shorts.

"Hey!" I shout angrily and chase after him. Butch clicks his tongue like we're two naughty children and leisurely walks out after us.

When we arrive at the lab both Brick and I are panting like dogs, while Butch walks in calmly after us. This is unusual, because Butch is either as crazy or more compared to us. Now he's all calm.

No. Butch turns to me, as if reading my mind, and gives me a smirk of pure evil. I see something flash behind his green eyes before he turns away and the mask is laid on again. Butch is in there, he's just hiding.

I shuffle away from him and walk up to a tube slightly taller than me and tap the glass. The pink liquid inside doesn't do anything, so I turn away to look at the other things.

A long time ago Mojo was known as Professor U, a middle aged man scientist who had been experimenting with the wrong chemicals. One day, a chemical accidentally tipped over, spilling on him and turning him into something different, horrible, disgusting...Mojo the Monkey!

"Good your here," his rusty voice scares me so much, that a bottle of blue liquid I am examining drops from my hand and clatters to the floor. Butch and Brick turn to me in sync with mean glares, but Mojo just stares calmly. I've broken so much stuff that it doesn't seem to anger him anymore...i think.

"Sorry," I murmer and speed walk next to Butch. My brother gives me an eye roll with a hidden smile.

"Quite alright, Boomer," his strained voice makes me think otherwise, but I didn't push. "I came to inform you that I will be leaving for a trip. I want you to continue your training without slack." He directs the last bit towards Brick, who put on his angle face. Mojo sighs and leans back into a chair. "The robots will be able to help you. Just ask." With that he gives us a dismissive wave of his hand.  We bow politely to him and walk back into the hall.

"Where do you think he's going? Usually he just leaves," I ask as soon as the door closes. My brothers glance at me and then at each other. Finally Brick shrugs and his shoulders slump.

"Everything's been unusual lately. Have you seen? He shut down all the computers!" Brick slumps even lower and glares to the floor. His bright orange hair falls into his face, hiding his eyes from view.

"Computers? I can't even take a shower without the damn thing changing the temperature on me!" Butch shudders, recalling some horrible experience.

"At least you can still take one," I murmur. My brothers scrunch their noses and take a step away from me.

"Right. What do you think is going on? Should we ask Mojo?" Brick asks. It isn't really uncertainty in his tone, it is more of a clarification. The decision has been already decided. Without me.

"Do what you want. I'm sitting this one out," Butch says with a shrug and walks towards the workout room. I stare after him and turn to brick.

"I think he's hiding something," Brick says, narrowing his eyes at the door Butch disappears through.

"Who? Butch or Mojo?" I ask. Brick scoffs and folds his arms, moving his crimson eyes to me.

"Does it matter?" Apparently not.