ChApTeR 11

βRICҜ

I woke up with a splash of bitter cold being dumped upon me. I jump up and shake my head, my mouth gaping like a fish. I shake the droplets out if my hair and my teeth clack together. A soft laugh makes me turn and gape.

Pink, with a water bucket?! "you think this is funny?" she looks at me and I notice a glint of amusement twinkle in her eyes.

"Yes, actually. I do," she nods her head and leans slightly to the side. I stare at her blankly and slowly slip into a smile. Before I knew it I was laughing and she was smiling.

"You should do that more often," I say quietly after regaining my breath. Her smile slides away and she looks confused.

"Do what?" she asks.

"Joke, laugh,...smile. It makes you seem like a normal girl," I say and she frowns, turning away. I grit my teeth and take a step forward. "I just mean that..."

"We aren't normal," Pink corrects me. I sigh and look down, nodding my head.

"Yeah, I know. But being abnormal doesn't mean you can't act like yourself," I murmur, but if she heard me she doesn't show it.

"If we're gonna get out of here we should get moving," she says, grabbing her knife from the floor and wiping it on her shirt. With the mud washed off I could see the sharp pink v on her shirt and black pants with a silver cross adorning her neck. It seems familiar, but from where?

"Where are we going?" I ask curiously. Pink ignores my question and dumps a bucket of water over the fire with a sizzling sound. Softly I cough and ask again. "If you have no one to return to why do you still have to extract my powers?" Pink stood still, unable to ignore me.

"There are still secrets you can't know," she admits finally. I puff out my cheeks and cross my arms.

"I'm the one giving up my powers, unwillingly I might add. I deserve to know," I say stubbornly. Pink sighs loudly and turns to face me.

"There are many things people deserve to know, but what you get to know isn't always what you want," she warns quietly. I stare blankly at her and she sheathes her knife. "Just trust me."

"What's the price if I do? My powers?" I ask. Pink narrows her eyes and takes a few steps closer so we're only a foot away.

"I'm trying to do what's best for you," she hisses. I take a step forward and furor my eyebrows.

"Why? What's so important about me?" I ask taking yet another step. She meets my challenge until we're so close we're breathing the same air.

"I-" she stops and backs away, turning her head away from me. I feel colder without her near me, and oddly vacant. "I don't want anyone to repeat what I went through."

"Right," I reply bitterly. She bites her lip but remains quiet. "You mean how your beloved professor turned into Mojo and didn't care about you or your sisters and sent you away?"

"You don't know anything!" She screams, turning to me with fire raging in her eyes.

"Then tell me!" I yell back. She puffs out her cheeks and releases the breath slowly. She looks down and murmurs something. "I'm sorry I couldn't hear tha-"

"He failed us!" she shouts and throws her arms in the air. I stare at her in shock and she takes a sharp breath. "He failed us and forced us to run to the streets. Is that what you wanted to know?"

"Pink I didn't-" I tried.

"It's Blossom, and of course you didn't. But you wanted to know," she says quietly. Blossom?

"No!" a scream echoed. I was being held back by robots as the stabbed girl was in front of me. Her face became clear and I could see stunning pink eyes.

"Blossom!" I screamed

I gasp and stumble a few steps, bringing my hand to my forehead. She stares hard at me, concentrating all her hatred.

"He failed you because he had us," I say quietly. She stares at me and swallows.

"How did you remember?" she asks quietly. I shake my head and laugh slightly.

"We've been here before. You were stabbed here, by Mojo and his army," I claim and she slowly nods her head.

"I ran, but you followed me," she whispers. I scrunch my nose and take a step closer to her.

"Why? Why did I follow you?" I ask. She turns and looks at me.

"Because we complete each other, we're counterparts."