ChApTeR 25

βRICҜ

I push Mojo back as he lands two hits on my chest and a long scratch down my arm. By now we are both bruised, bloody, and breathing heavily.

"Give it up boy, you can't win! Look around you!" He cackles as the sky crackles with thunder. Rain splatters down onto us and I wipe my bangs out of my face, looking around. Buttercup gets shot by a robot as Bubbles falls down next to her and Blossom was...climbing the throne? "do you understand now? It's hopeless!"

"I understand more than you think, but I'll never give up!" I yell over the whoosh of rains. Blossom reaches the top of the throne and holds up the crown. Mojo turns towards her and stares on shock as the robots about to shoot at Bubbles suddenly stop.

"Noooooooooooo!" He shouts and races towards Blossom. I run after him and jump on his back, tackling him. He flips me off him and I grab onto his leg, dragging him into the mud. We wrestle as more robots stop and turn to Blossom's command. "I...will...not Lose!" Mojo shouts, grabbing a shard of the blade from the ground. My eyes widen as he aims his arm and throws forward. I watch helplessly as it flies through the air towards Blossom.

"Blossom!" I shout desperately, stumbling to my feet and flying towards her. She turns towards me with a smile, sliding into shock as the shard comes and lodges into her stomach.

Everything is silent as she looks down, dropping the crown and stumbles forward. I blast faster forward, blinking away the tears and droplets. Blossom suddenly falls forward into the air as I dive down to catch her. I speed quicker until I grab her hand and tug her close to me, hugging her tightly. She gasps and starts twitching from shock, red blood pouring from the wound.

I lay her down on the grass as she hitches forward and backwards, her mouth wide open and her eyes rolled back.

"Blossom!" I yell desperately, grabbing her arm to calm her down. I feel her heart pound furiously, trying to support enough blood to heal the unhealable wound. "No, no, no! Come on Blossom, it'll be okay!" I cry, tearing off my shirt and pressing it to her abdomen. Within seconds my already red shirt is soaked. Unfortunately it's not with water.

"Please don't, I can't loose you again," I cry harshly, brushing away strands of hair. Blossom's shaking slows down to a complete stop and she goes rigid before releasing a weak breath. "Blossom," I sob, pushing harder on the shirt. She doesn't respond.

"Come on Blossy, please don't," I whisper, lifting her head and putting it on my legs. Tears pour down my cheeks and I lean forward, burying my head in her chest. "Please Blossom...."

βLΩSSΩM

As Buttercup and Bubbles run into the battle I fit the robot chip into the crown. Now I just need something to melt it together...

The rain pours down as a large rumble of thunder shakes the ground, making me look up. I smile as an idea pops into my mind and look around for somewhere high enough.

I jump onto the throne and shimmy my way up to the top, balancing on the small slot of space. I take a deep breath as the sky lights up with lightning and stick the crown up in the air.

The sky lights up as a single beam of purple lightning jags down and connects with the crown. My eyes widen as the energy glides through my body, making me shake.

The lightning does away and I bend forward, clutching my chest and breathing heavily. I straighten myself as the robots ringing Bubbles and Buttercup stop and turn to me. I smile victoriously and squeeze my fists.

"Nooooooooo!" A voice shouts, instantly recognizable as Mojo. I hold the crown up to my mouth, ready to command the robots.

"Blossom!" Brick shouts. I turn towards him still smiling, stopping short as I see a glint of silver cut through the air. The familiar blade that was meant to decapitate me from before races towards me and lodges itself deep in my stomach.

I gasp in soft surprise and look down to see the top sticking out slightly. I feel nothing but air as I stumble forward into nothing but air. Everything is in slow motion, replaying before me.

Brick races towards me, his face afraid and the blood starts filling up my stomach, as Mojo looks hysterical on the floor. I close my eyes and Brick grabs my hand, dragging me back into normal speed. My stomach throbs and pain covers me from head to toe, making me groan.

Brick sets me on the floor and starts talking, but I can't hear him. I try to form words to speak, but all I can do is gasp for more breath. Brick rips off his shirt and presses it into my stomach. I start shaking from pain and try to get him to stop, but my arms won't move.

Finally Brick pulls away and sets my head on his lap, his tears and the rain splattering my face. He brushes away proves of loose hair and stares down at me sadly. "Please Blossom..." and then I close my eyes and everything was black, except for one tiny lightning spark.