ChApTeR 2

βRICҜ

Mojo left a few hours ago to do who knows what. Butch is attempting a shower, which only results in language so colorful it can put a rainbow to shame. Boomer is doing his daily training routine, and I am yelling at a TV. Just a typical afternoon.

I sigh and fall onto the couch. I glare at the Tv accusingly, but it refuses to work. I groan, beginning to get aggravated.

"Butch!" I scream. The only response is a chain of curses. Potty mouth. "Boomer!" I try again. Of course he can't hear me. He is on the other side of the house.

Suddenly there is a loud crash and a very colorful swear. I would have left it alone except fort the fact that Boomer doesn't swear and Butch isn't a girl. I sit up and look towards Mojo's lab where the crash came from. There are footsteps from the hall as Butch and Boomer appear. Butch's hair is wet from his shower, but I'm thankful that he's fully clothed. Boomer is missing his shirt and has sweat dripping off his cheeks.

"What did you do?" Boomer hisses, already accusing me. I put my hands up in surrender and feel my heart pound. If they are here then who is...

"I didn't do anything!" I say, my voice squeaking. Usually my brothers would make fun of me for it, but now they are silent.

"Why'd you call us then?" Butch asks with half a smile, but his voice has lost it's bravado.

"TV won't turn on. Thought you could fix it," I respond. Butch's half a smile fades and he looks nervous.

"Then who's in there?" Boomer asks quietly, looking towards Mojo's lab. Butch and I follow his eyes and I swallow thickly.

"Maybe Mojo hasn't left?" Butch asks, but the argument is weak. Boomer slowly shakes his head and takes a long breath in.

"We all saw him leave," I say. Butch gives a nervous laugh and pushes his fingers through his hair.

"Well you have any better ideas?" He asks. Boomer and I glance at each other. 

"We could be brave and go see who it is...or we could go cower in our rooms." Boomer's voice is dripping with sarcasm, I just didn't know for which decision.

"Well I'm no coward. Whoever is in there can face my fist," Butch says, but he sure looks like one. Even his hand is shaking as he raises it in the air. He notices this and clenches it in a fist, putting it in front of him. 

"We're deadly," I say and stand up. I add my fist next to Butch's. Boomer glances between us and sighs.

"Deadly stupid," Boomer murmurs and puts his hand in. "Let's go get our asses handed to us!"

"That's the spirit," Butch responds sarcastically, patting his shoulder and starting towards the lab.

"It's the last time we'll see it too," I smile, passing by Boomer. Boomer's mouth gapes open but he just shakes his head and follows after us.

We wait by the wall of the lab and don't dare to speak. We can hear shuffling inside and an occasional word, but nothing too specific. The lab is huge, we knew that. They're probably all the way at the other side.

I turn to my brothers and motion for them to follow me. Boomer nods, but Butch opens his mouth to protest. I shake my head and put my pointer finger to my lips, motioning him to be quiet. Boomer glares at him and he sighs, rolling his eyes. Its as close to a yes that Im going to get.

Quickly, I peek around the bend. When I don't see anyone I motion to my brothers and run into the room. I'm light, so my footsteps make no noise as I dash behind a stack of crates. Butch and Boomer on the other hand try to copy me, only to have their footsteps echo across the floor. I hear the murmur of voices and quickly grab them by their shirts and pull them next to me.

"Are you sure you heard something?" its definitely a girls voice.

"Of course I am!" another female voice, slightly lower, snaps back. They move farther away so we can't hear distint words, but I heard the murmur of a quiet argument.

"Girls? We can take out girls," Butch says with a scoff. I slap my hand over his mouth as the footsteps halt. We waited in deathly silence and finally they resumed walking.

"Let's get closer. I want to see who we're up against," I whisper and dart behind some crates further up. Butch and Boomer learned from their earlier mistake and slowly crept behind me.

I reached the front and snuck a peek between some crates. My brothers caught up and did the same.

There were three of them. The first had golden hair that was pulled up into a curly ponytail. She was sickly skinny and her blue tank top and brown shorts were almost falling off her. Despite her skinniness I could see strong and used muscles along her arms and legs. The second one had shoulder length black hair with bright green eyes and tanned skin. She was in a pitch black tank top and mid thing camo shorts that also hung loose on her small frame. The third, though, was turned away from them. From what he could see she had long orange hair, slightly lighter than his own, and was in a light pink tank top and deep blue torn jean shorts. She was typing fiercely on Mojo's main frame and had already gotten past the first few layers.

"That's why stuff isn't working," I murmur and lean forward a little. Butch also leans forward, and so does Boomer. With a sickening crack the crates tumble to the ground, leaving three exposed boys.

All three girl's heads snap towards them and stare at then with utmost energy. I could see the lightning crackle within the Blonde ones eye, the black haired ones eyes were as hard as rocks, and the orange head's pink eyes seemed to freeze over.

The static between the two of us clung in the airs. It wasn't too strong to make us stop, but it was enough to make us hesitate.

"Go!" the orange one shouted suddenly and the girls raced towards us. The orange one tried to punch me but I blocked it. Unfortunately that did not delay her and she swung her foot under me, kicking out my legs. I fell on my back with a gasp as pain shot up my leg. The girl gazed down to me and I jumped to my feet, bending my legs slightly. She raises a curious eyebrow and mimics me, her muscles stiffening. "I can't believe it," she murmurs.

I rush forward and she sidesteps me, grabbing my arm and pushing it high up my back with a sick crack. I gave a scream and everyone stopped to look at us. Boomer was bleeding in a stack of crates and Butch was tied up in rope on his stomach. The girl instantly dropped me and I fell with another gasp. She looked down, sadness in her pink eyes and then it was black.