ChApTeR 6

ცųɬƈɧ

Boomer disappeared with Blue and Green slammed into me. I manage a gasp but she was too caught up with my ropes to pay attention.

Mojo was screaming his head off and the robots were only a few feet away.

Finally Green managed to chop off my ropes and grabbed my arm, dragging me down a hall. I was too shocked to even move my feet.

"You're dead weight here, boy!" she grunted and I stumbled into a run. She was panting from dragging my weight around but she was still a step ahead of me.

"Sorry," I gasp as we skid into a new hall.

"Save it for later," she warns. "You'll have better things to apologize for then!"

She looks behind us and curses. She grabs my arm and drags me into a room, slamming and locking the door behind us. I slid to the floor and look around.

"Where is this?" I ask. She just gives me a stone glare and slips into a chair. I manage to get to my feet and head over to a file cabinet. I slam it open and start fingering the files. They were all tan except for three which were red, blue, and green. I pull them out and set them on the floor.

Red Test Subjects 1 & 2

Green Test Subjects 1 & 2

Blue Test Subjects 1 & 2

I stare at them and then flip open the blue one. There were a bunch of pages with unimportant words and then one with a picture of Blue.

Bubbles Utonium
Test subject one
Incredible speed and ability to feel what others feel. Minimal control over water and electricity. Youngest of three.
Extinguished: ?

I look at the next slip, this one with a picture of Boomer.

Boomer Jojo
Test subject two
Strong, but lacking intelligence. Full control over lightning. Youngest of three.
Extinguished: no need

I open the green one and find a picture of Green.

Buttercup Utonium
Test subject one
Incredible strength. Control over all land masses. Flipping emotions. Second.
Extinguished: ?

Butch Jojo
Test subject two
Ability to speak multiple languages. Super hearing. Strength.
Second.
Extinguished: debating

I stared at it in disgust and flipped open the red one.

Blossom Utonium
Test subject one
Ability to control ice. Read minds. Smart. Fast.
First: leader.
Extinguished: attempt failed

Brick Jojo
Test subject two
Ability to control fire. Sense change in temperatures. Smart. High jump.
First: leader.
Extinguished: no need

I stare at the papers in shock. They were thinking about 'extinguishing' me, whatever that means?

"What you looking at, boy?" Buttercup asks. She didn't look much like a buttercup so I'm going to keep calling her green.

"I have a name you know," I hiss back. She just stares at me with cold eyes.

"And what gave you the idea that I care what it is?" She asks.

"It's Butch," I say anyway. She gives me a stone look, but I could see her edges twitch with a smile.

"Ok, Butch, if you're done reading those files, we should go," she points to the door where robots were pounding furiously on.

"Whatever you say, Green," I smiled, expecting her to confirm her name but she just turns away. Oh well. "So how do we escape from being cornered by robots?"

"Easy. We don't," she says with a shrug. I stare at her with uncertainty but she just smiles.

"What do you mean 'we dont'?" I mimic her face and her smile slides into a glare. She pulls out a silver ball and without turning, throws it under the door. There is a cackle of ice and then she finally pulls her eyes away and opens the door. I release a breath I hadn't known id been holding and followed her.

Outside it was like a winter wonderland. All the robots were frozen into place and the floor shone with ice. I slipped and fell onto my butt with a thud.

"Careful," warns green with a note of humor. I bite back my comeback and follow after her. She leads me to a room with a giant portal in it. This was Mojo's room. Under no circumstances were we supposed to enter it...but oh well.

"Let's go green. Burning daylight here," she didn't seem even mildly surprised at my eagerness. Instead she smiled and offered me her arm. I hesitated, my hand in the air, and she nodded. I grabbed her arm and together we jumped through.

It was like a dream. One moment I was in the room then the next we were sprawled on the hard ground of a plain. Green was on top of me, staring down at me with large green eyes. I looked back at them and noticed for the first time how pretty they really were.

They fit her. They were a light lime green but seemed to have an edge to them. It made her dangerous, but pretty. I felt my cheeks heat as she quickly got off me

"Sorry," she murmurs, turning her head away from me. We had never been around girls. The closest thing was a robot, and they weren't exactly easy to please. It was a shocker for us to find them of course.

"Yeah," I say quietly in a daze. She glares at me but I see that her cheeks are pink. I'm not the brightest guy but I'm pretty sure that means I made her feel happy? I dunno. "So, uh, what now? we can't exactly go back."

"To Mojo? No. But he will send people after us. We have to extract the energy from you," she explains. I nod my head but her eyes look sad. I wonder why.

"Well let's get going," I say, getting up and starting towards the east. I hear her sigh and follow after me.