ChApTeR 19

ᗷOOᗰEᖇ

"Uhhhhhhhh," I say, staring into Brandon's golden eyes. They're weird now, no more hospitality but hostility. He was from Mojo, that much was clear.

"So sorry," Bubbles covers, dusting off stuff from her cloak. I momentarily freak out when I see her hood feel off, then feel extremely thankful for black hair dye.

Brandon examines us for a moment and then breaks out into a smile. Bubbles and I nervous lie back. "My apologizes, ma'am," he says, ducking his head and continuing through the crowd. I let out a sigh and Bubbles grabs my hand.

"We need to get out of here, now!" she hisses, tugging me through people. I hit into people who yell at me in a foreign language. I try to apologize but they stare at me in confusion and Bubbles ends up pulling me back into the commotion.

Finally we break through and I start to pant. "What...was all that...about?" I gasp.

"I have no idea," Bubbles rushes out, earning a fit of coughing. Eventually she clears her throat and straightens, glancing around to see if anyone had noticed. "Let's go find out."

"Wait! I thought we were going away from the people?" I ask, rubbing after her. We stop at the edges of the cluster, and I lightly float in the air, seeing over other heads. I roll my eyes and come back to the ground.

"What was there?" Bubbles asks, her blue eyes wide with curiosity. I grab her hand and start away from the crowd.

"A stupid magic show, why would these people even bother? The guys obviously american, they won't understand him," I say with a grunt as my pull is resisted. I look back at Bubbles and she's dug her feet into the ground, staring at me with sad blue eyes.

"Could we watch? I mean we're the only people not, it would draw attention," she says. I look into her eyes and smile when I see her eagerness.

"Sure, but stay hidden," I say and we head back, putting up our hoods. We walk to the edge of the crowd and watch as he enacts different tricks, all the while speaking English.

"Boomer? Something's wrong," Bubbles whispers, gripping my hand. I glance down to her in confusion as her skin pales and her eyes grow wide. "These people, to them he's speaking in their language...its a trap!"

"Relax, it's just a magician," I whisper, gently releasing my hand from hers. She places her hands stiffly at her sides, standing with terror plainly written on her face.

"Now I need a lovely assistant! Who can fill the job?" he calls out, his blue eyes scanning the crowd. His eyes land on us and he smiles. "How about you? There in the back."

Bubbles starts to shake her head, but the crowd grabs her, pushing her foreword. They continue that, blocking my path to her until she reaches the stage. "And what's your name?"

"A-Anahi," she lies quietly, looking around fearfully.

"Well Anahi, if you could please take a seat we'll begin," he says, swishing his cloak and making a chair appear. Bubbles carefully sits down on it, clutching the edges as he circles her. I can start to feel her worry now. "Now this is a simple act, I'm going to make you levitate. Can you do that?"

Bubbles nods her head, slightly relaxing and the magician smiles. "And to add to the fun," he puts a blindfold over her eyes, causing her to flinch. I feel my suspicion rise higher, turning my face red.

"Now everyone, control your energy into Anahi," he says, closing his eyes and putting his hands towards her. I was about to laugh at how stupid that was when everyone else starts to do it, humming as well.

The magician opens his eyes and Bubbles is lifted in the air. Everyone breaks out into cheers. I stare in shock as she goes 10...15...20 feet in the air, the cheers growing louder with each foot.

At just around 30ft she stops, floating in the air when everything falls. Bubbles let's out a scream and stops falling while the chair clatters to the ground. I stare at her in shock, she was levitating, no, flying.

Bubbles took off the blind fold and looked around nervously. Then she smiles and looks down a the magician.

"Awesome magic trick, but can I get down?" she asks, slowly floating to the floor. Her feet touch the boards and she smiles at the magician. "Amazing!"

The crowd was silent and then everyone burst out into cheers while the magician stood there shocked. Bubbles left the stage and grabs my hand, dragging me away but stopping. I look up and gulp as two golden eyes look down at me.

"Had fun?"