ChApTeR 26

ᗷOOᗰEᖇ

I fall down onto the couch and rub my hands down my face. Two days and I have yet to do a single thing to find Bubbles.

"Stupid languages!" I grumble, thrusting a pillow over my head. Bubbles was the one with the language powers, not me. Now all these people sound like to me is blubberish, and I to them.

I groan again and throw the pillow across the room. I sit up and look around curiously. I came here in a portal, so maybe i could leave on one...

I run out of the building and towards the stable with the camels. The man from before appears and smiles, then noticing who i was, grumbles and walks away.

"Wait please!" I beg. The man turns back around and stares at me. he was the only one around here that i knew spoke english.

"What do you want, boy," he hisses in distaste, obviously upset with my return to his store.

"I need a camel," I pant, straightening. The man laughs, leaning his head back, and pounds his fist against the counter. I keep my face straight as he calms down and wipes away tears from the corners of his eyes.

"The last time you said that, you and your little girlfriend skipped out on me. What makes me believe you have the money to pay for one?" he challenges. I sigh in defeat and hang my head.

"I don't have the money to buy one," i admit, raising my head as he turns away. "But i have something better!"

"No money, no business," he insists, disappearing to the stables.

"What about lightning and rain?" I yell desperately. The sound of his retreating feet stops as his head appears back around the corner.

"How could you make it do that?" he asks suspiciously, narrowing his eyebrows.

"I'm different than most people. I was made, by chemicals," I expose, cringing slightly. One thing Mojo taught us was to never reveal our powers to the real world. I was breaking one of his number one rules, and to be honest i don't even care.

The man stares at me for a minute with stern looking brown eyes. "I don't believe you," he says, walking away.

"Please! I can show you!" I beg, but he doesn't stop and come back. I bite my cheek and glare, turning away and stalking towards the center of the little place. People mill around the streets but i push them away, making my way to the center of the crowd. There i stick one hand up in the air and channel my energy into it, letting it glide through my body and expand.

Some people stop and look at me for a minute before turning away and out of the corner of my eye i see the shop owner watching me. I smile to myself and release the energy, watching satisfactory as it jumps from my hand in a bright blue bolt into the air.

People gasp and instantly jump away from me, some screaming and others gaping. I smile and raise my other hand into the air, releasing the stored energy into the air. For a second the lightning crackles on my hands and i close my fists, they jump into the sky, making the light blue go to black. The lightning sends light through the sky until the clouds join together and thunder rumbles across the land with hunger. By now everyone had removed their eyes from me to the sky, watching with wonder and excitement as the first few droplets splatter onto their faces.

I drop my hands down to my sides and turn to face the shop owner. He stares at me and nods slowly, turning and disappearing into his shop. I smile smartly and push through the people, ready to get to Bubbles.

ცųɬƈɧ

I start walking around space I've decided the watering hole was at, looking for clues. All there was left was the tree with the robots still pinned to it and the rock I found Scamp on. I sigh in defeat and sit down on the rock, rubbing off sweat from my head. Scamp plops down next to me, scanning the horizon with dark eyes.

"Where is she?" I murmur to Scamp, more to myself. Scamp turns to me and then hops off the rock with a chirp, running through the grass. I growl in frustration and fall back into the rock. "Now you're leaving me too!"

I run my hands through my hair and sit up, screaming in slight surprise when I see Scamp sitting between my legs. I frown slightly at the thing in his mouth. A hammer with a lime green stripe going around it. Buttercup's hammer.

I grab the hammer quickly and twirl it in my fingers. It was hot from sitting out in the open, but it was familiar and hopeful.

I turn to Scamp who looks up at me eagerly. I scrunch my eyebrows together and frown. "Do you know where she is?"

Scamp stands still for a minute and then starts scampering around me, placing it's front paws on my back and pushing. I get up off the rock and Scamp runs Down the sides, disappearing in the floor. I stare with wide eyes as Scamp's head reappears, chirping and going back under. I bend down and start digging through the shallow covering, until a small dark hole is revealed.

I take a fist full and am about to throw it away when the ground falls out from under me.

My body hits the hard cold ground hard causing me to groan. I lift my head up and Scamp sits in front of me, cocking his head and chirping twice before scampering down the dark tunnel. I clamber to my feet and follow after him in a crouch, feeling stuck in the small tunnel.

Finally I reach a turn and slide down a narrow path, falling onto my knees. I look up and smile happily as I see a light illuminating from a portal. Scamp comes over and climbs onto my shoulder, chirping. I nod in agreement to whatever he said and jump through, hopefully towards Buttercup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I fall through onto a green feild, landing lightly on my feet. Rain pours down on us as thunder and lightning crackle in the air. I brush away my soaking hair and stare out across the dark gelid. I can see a few shapes in the distance, but nothing too specific. I shake my head and start to run forward towards the shapes.

As I get closer I can make out five shapes. Two fighting, one lying on the floor, and two standing close together. My eyes widen as I recognize Buttercup as one of the two. I start running faster shouting her name.

"Buttercup!" I scream, running faster. The two huddled figures turn, revealing Bubbles as the second person. Buttercups face lights up as she sees me and she tries to move forward, but bends over in pain. I slow down as I near her and throw my arms around her, hugging her closely.

"Ah, Butch!" she says weakly. I pull her away and examine her, my eyes finding the black patch on her stomach. I look back up to her and notice the tears pouring down her face.

"You're okay," I promise her, placing my hand on her head.

"Butch, I-it's B-Blossom," Buttercup gasps. I grab her and gently hold her.

"What's wrong with Blossom?" I ask, suddenly remembering the figure lying on the ground. I turn towards it and frown sadly as I see Blossom's outline lying emotionlessly on the ground. Behind her Brick is battling Mojo, and winning. "It's okay Buttercup."

"No it's not," Buttercup gasps, shaking her head. I grab her face and place my forehead against hers.

"I promise I'll make it okay," I whisper. Buttercup closes her eyes, hiding her tears and looks at me with bright lime green eyes. "I promise."