27~ Inside Sebastian's Coma (Pt. 7)

Back at The New Warbler, band gear were set up on the stage, with Blaine, Tina, Brittany, and other employees set up with the instruments. 

"Hey uh, we're NYADA. Not like after the famous fine arts school in New York." Blaine said into his mic. "Some people assume that because of my looks and talents that I go to NYADA but...I don't. It's like how that guitarist called himself Prince even though he wasn't royalty-"

"Yeah, Blaine. Just start." Sebastian said. Blaine nodded and checked with his band, making sure they were ready.

"NYADA? That's a stupid name." Reese whispered to Sebastian. "What does it even mean?" she asked.

"Life's too short to even care at all, oh

I'm losing my mind losing my mind losing control, oh oh"

The band was good, Blaine was a fantastic singer, but his band was poppy, cute and holistic. It didn't exactly fit a 'Night Club' aura. They were catchy, but they weren't dancy.

"These fishes in the sea they're staring at me oh oh

Oh oh oh oh
A wet world aches for a beat of a drum Oh

If I could find a way to see this straight
I'd run away
To some fortune that I, I should have found by now

I'm waiting for this cough syrup to come down, come down."

the employees at the bar, along with a very unimpressed Adam Crawford, stared at NYADA, and giving each other awkward glances. Except for Santana, as she actually admired one of her fellow co-workers for once.

"Man I gotta tell you, I'm looking at Blaine in an entirely different way here." she told Mike, who gave her a 'really?' look as he stared at Tina, who kept playing the piano to the beat of Brittany's tambourine.

Mercedes walked in next, saw the band, and rolled her eyes. She knew she was more talented than any of those Hunky's up there.

"If I could find a way to see this straight

I'd run away
To some fortune that I, I should have found by now

So I run now to the things they said could restore me
Restore life the way it should be
I'm waiting for this cough syrup to come down

One more spoon of cough syrup now, whoa.

Everybody clapped, unexpectantly liking Blaine's catchy rythimic music. 

"Thank you! Thank you!"

"That was actually very good." Reese said as she applauded the band. Sebastian just nodded awkwardly while he still had his arms crossed over his chest.

"Why did they even invent piano?" Sam asked him, noticing how Brittany was checking out Blaine's body. Brittany did have a reputation for sleeping around with guys.

"That was great guys. Thing is...it's a night club, and people come here to dance. Not just-"

"Fall in love." Tina ran over to Blaine and wrapped her arms around his neck. Blaine was surprised, but enjoyed the attention he received from the waitress. Mike just shook his head, knowing his hopeful crush on Tina was over.

"Uh-it was great stuff though, really." Sebastian finished, just as Mercedes strutted up to him and tapped on his shoulder. "People you know...they got to dance. It's a dance club. Big beat, big noises. You understand.

"Hey, my brother would like a word with you. He's in the back." Mercedes whispered to him. Back at the bar, Puck definetely noticed the sketchy behaviour between his boss and the diva.

"Right. Blaine, why don't you play another song for the girls there. They seem to be swooning by now." he said as he hopped off the stage, heading towards the back entrance. Puck followed quickly.

"What's going on boss?" he asked him.

"I uh...I got to meet a gangbanger in the alley." Sebastian replied. "Why?"

"Got my gun." that caught the boss off guard as his bouncer's words.

"Woah, you got a gun?" he asked as he headed for the door.

"He's the leader of a gang. He's killed people, and he hates your guts. Trust me, you'll thank me later." Puck replied as he pulled out his twenty two. "I ain't no mathmatician, but that adds up bad."

"Fine, hang back." Sebastian told him as he opened the back door.

"Got it." he replied, quickly checking to make sure he wasn't being followed, then heading to open the door. Only problem was, that door was locked.

"I want my sister to play in the club!" a low, scary voice erupted from the alley way, and a shadow was thrown against the door. Puck stumbled back, then tried busting down the door. No matter how hard he pushed, the shadow was thrown against the door, and kept stopping Puck from getting the door open.

"I'll go around the back." he shouted to whoever could hear him on the other side.

Puck ran back into the main room, giving Blaine a strange look as he seemed to be serenading Tina, than ran over to Reese and alerted her of the situation. She let him lead her mid-song out of the club and aorund the back. She was terrified of what she would see when she got there. Gangbangers and her boyfriend do not mix very well.

The fighting had stopped by the time they got out there. Both Sebastian and another black man, whom was presumed to be Mercedes' brother, were both slumped in the back of a pick up truck, groaning and rubbing their injuries.

"Who is that?" Reese asked Puck.

"Mercedes' brother, head of the gangbangers." he replied, holding up his gun towards the gang member. "Don't move or I'll blow your head off." Puck was excited, however he didn't show it. He always wanted to use his gun, whether it was for a shoot-out or just to threaten somebody.

But the joke was on him when a gun was pointed to his head.

"You want to drop that?" Hunter asked, pulling the safety off his gun. Puck's excitement died as he surrendered, handing his gun to the detective. Quinn appeared around the corner, looking very displeased at what was before her. Reese hurried over to her boyfriend, who by now had blood trailing down the left side of his face, and a bruised right cheek.

"Hi Reesie." he greeted her.

"Hey, you okay?" she asked him.

"Yeah, you should see the other guy." he replied. Reese looked at the gangbanger, thinking all he got away with was probably a paper cut.

"So, who do you want to arrest?" Hunter asked his partner. Quinn sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Let's take 'em all."