8~ Anchor

I forgot how nice it was to wake up next to Sebastian in the mornings. It was just this secure feeling he gave me when he put this tight grip around me. It made me feel safe, invincible. Like nothing will ever hurt us.

I carefully crawled out of the bed as to not wake him up, then I started getting dressed. I only in my undergarments and my sweater, when I was jumped by a voice.

"Morning gorgeous. You going to leave me again?" Sebastian was awake with his genuine smile.

"No, I'm not heartless." I replied.

"Than come back here." he said. Wow. I couldn't help but giggle as I jumped back next to him. He pulled himself on top of me, both his elbows on either side of my head as he crashed his lips into mine...quite passionately.

"Hey wait-" I cut him off, "I'm sorry you know. I didn't mean to do what I did."

"Don't be sorry, just shut up and kiss me." he replied.

"That's my line."

"Not today." this was...to put it in blatant terms...amazing. This boy did things to me, not just physically but emotionally. A simple touch made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, and goosebumps erupt on my skin. He did something to me that I had never felt before, and I never wanted it to stop.

"This is nice. To have you back with me. I missed you here." he said after he pulled away. 

"I missed this too. Just you and me." I said. Sebastian gently kissed my nose before falling back next to me.

"Good, I'm glad you do." he whispered back.

Two silent minutes passed, until I noticed I was humming a song. Sebastian did too.

"What are you humming?" he asked.

"What?" 

"You were humming." he told me, rolling over on his stomach to face me. "What was it?"

"It's um...it's a song called 'Anchor', by some chic. Uh...Mindy Gledhill." I replied.

He raised an eyebrow, "Anchor?" he asked. I nodded.

"Yeah it's um, it's like a lullaby. Poetic and stuff." I replied.

"Sing it for me." he said.

"Excuse me?"

"Come on, sing it for me. I want to hear it. Please?" the excerpt of a song can't hurt. 

"Fine, just a little bit." I agreed.

"When all the world is spinning ‘round 

Like a red balloon way up in the clouds 
And my feet will not stay on the ground
You anchor me back down 

I am nearly world renowned 
As a restless soul who always skips town 
But I look for you to come around

And anchor me back down"

Sebastian closed his eyes and put his head on my shoulder.

"There are those who think that I’m strange

They would box me up and tell me to change
But you hold me close and softly say
That you wouldn’t have me any other way 

When people pin me as a clown
You behave as though I’m wearing a crown
When I’m lost I feel so very found

When you anchor me back down"

There was this sense of peace overwhelming the environment, it was nice, just lying here together.

"When all the world is spinning ‘round

Like a red balloon way up in the clouds 
And my feet will not stay on the ground

You anchor me back down"

I think Sebastian fell back to sleep, his eyes were still closed and his breathing was shallow. I just continued to run my fingers through his hair.

"That was beautiful." apparently he wasn't asleep.

"Oh no, I thought you were sleeping." I said.

"I'm not that tired, I'm just...peaceful." he replied.

"You know, my mom used to sing that song to me when I was a baby." I said.

"Wait...your mom sang to you?" he asked.

"Yeah, up till I was five, then my dad made her stop because he thought I was taking her time away from him. Jerk." I replied. Sebastian stroked my cheek with sympathy in his eyes.

"You will never have to go through that torture ever again. No one is ever going to hurt you. Kay?" his voice was toned down to a soft whisper, it was like a comfort thing.

"Kay."

"Good. Now I got a question for you." he said.

"Speak."

"Well, I know you leave Sunday, but I got Dalton's Graduate Dance this friday." he said.

"Graduate Dance?" I asked.

"It's their fancy term for a prom. So here comes my question." he said. I think we know what's coming up here.

"Reese Lavek, my beautiful girlfriend and love of my life,"

"Currently." I added.

"Currently, sure. Would you go to Prom with me?" he asked.

"You want me to go to your...Formal Grad Dance with you?"

"I couldn't imagine some one better to bring along. You can even wear one of your signature handmade gowns." he said. I smiled.

"I would be honored to go to your prom with you." I replied.

"Great, now come here..." he said, reaching under and pulling my sweater off of me...