Chapter 19

Talia's P.O.V 

I was enjoying the silence Kian and I shared but once I started to enjoy it Kian started to talk, before he talked he lowered the music the speakers were playing, he plugged in his phone so we wouldn't have to listen to ads or announcers talking, anyway that wasn't really important, I looked at Kian focusing on what he was going to tell me. 

"So.." He started saying, so was such a small word but what ever followed was what usually wasn't good, it was either 'so what happened over ___' or 'so where are we going with us' or 'so are we done?' what ever it was, it was always horrible. "Uh.. What.. Eric, did he really cheat on you?" 

Then it occurred to me that Kian didn't know about my past, Kian had no clue who broke up with who or why we broke up in the first place, he didn't know my past, and I don't think I was ready to share it all, like he has never told me what happened between Andrea and him, I've only heard it from hearing arguments happening in the house, but other then that he doesn't know that I know about it all. 

"Yeah.." I fiddled with the material of the crop top not really knowing what else to do, I just knew I shouldn't do eye contact, not when were talking about this subject, "It doesn't matter though" I looked at the steering wheel seeing his hands get a pale color and noticed he was clenching the steering wheel really tight, "Kian.. Calm down," I spoke in a soft voice.

I decided to look at him, he quickly looked at me then looked back at the road, his hands relaxed and he seemed less tense. 

"Sorry," He apologized still looking straight ahead at the road. 

I just nodded my head not having another reply to tell him. I just hope we would get back to the hotel soon, I didn't want to talk about Eric, I just wanted him out of my life. I didn't want to talk to Kian or anybody in that matter about Eric. Not even my mom, I was surprised she didn't tell me 'I told you so' like I thought she would. Before I could be happy that I wasn't talking about Eric everything came crashing down. 

"Hey Tal, can you explain everything to me?" Kian asked, "I just, I want to know how you figured out he was cheating, or even why you left Florida" He said pointing behind us from where we left, which was the direction my family home was. 

I felt so bad, I just wanted to tell him but I didn't want to talk about it at all, I played around with the material on my shirt once again, a habit I got once I was nervous or just stressed, something along those lines. It was a soft thin material which made it even more entertaining for me to pass my fingers across it. I just didn't know how to respond to Kian, I didn't know what to say. I didn't know if I should say anything to begin with. 

"Kian.. I.. I'm not sure if I want to explain it all, I'd rather just not talk about it," I said while now moving my hands towards my hair and just ruffling it around. I looked over at Kian, he seemed to not be bothered about my answer, he glanced at me and smiled. 

"I'm okay with it," He said. 

He moved one hand from the steering wheel, he placed his elbow and arm down on the console type thing in between the passenger seat and drivers seat. My hands were still resting on my lap, I kept glancing at his hand but decided to stop my brain from thinking at all. I looked down at my own hands deciding it was best to just do that. 

***

I called my parents phone, it kept ringing and ringing and there was no reply. I decided to just hang up. I looked over at Kian, we were now in my hotel room, he was sitting on my bed and I was just standing next to the bed on the side he was laying. I walked towards the other side that was empty and laid down. I turned on the TV but Kian took the remote from me and turned off the TV. I took the laptop he brought and held it in his hands.