Chapter 18

Kian's P.O.V

I didn't do what Talia told me to do, I walked out of the car walking towards the house that I saw in the picture she showed me at her old house in L.A, nothing was different but her dad sure as hell was, what kind of sick parent slaps their kid when they come to visit you after not seeing or speaking to you for a long while, if I was him I'd cry and hug them and talk with them. Once I got to the door I pounded on it with my fists about five time, Talia kept telling me to come back in the car but I was trying my best to just block out her cries and begging, I focused on the door and nobody was answering, I went on the side of the house knocking on the window of god knows what room that is.

"GO AWAY!" I heard a voice in the house yelling, it was probably her dad since it was really manly.

I kept knocking on the door not moving at all, "I'm not leaving and neither is Talia until you open this door and explain what the hell happened, you know she feels bad about every thing right? Are you aware that she wants to apologize to the both of you? No you don't know that because YOU DIDN'T GIVE HER A CHANCE!"

It was safe to say I was getting really pissed off and the image of Talia getting slapped by her dad kept going through my mind and I kept getting mad at myself for not doing anything about it, not going there right when it happened or before it happened, I was just so surprised and I thought every thing would work out.

"I guess you two will be staying there for a long fucking time," The voice spoke again, "If I have to I can just call the cops"

I hit the door with my fist again just being so angry about every thing, "Yeah what are you going to tell them about Talia's face? Yeah I just hit her because she hasn't come to see me in a while, I was mad and just hit her, pathetic" I spat out.

"Kian let it go!" Talia yelled from the car.

She had her head buried in the palm of her hands, her elbows were resting on her knees, I shook my head and looked back at the door.

"Where's Talia's mom?" I said against the door of the house calming myself down, I leaned against the door.

"Not here... You know you made a great first impression," The father said.

"Great, I was going for that. You weren't so bad yourself.." I spoke walking away from the door.

I walked towards the car, I opened the driver's side door and slid in slamming the door shut. I didn't put the keys in the engine I just sat there rubbing Talia's back to make her feel better but I felt so bad because this was my idea, I made her do this and she got that in return.

"I'm sorry.." I apologized wanting her to be happy.

"It's fine, I just really want to go home.." She answered.

A smile was now on my face, she called it home, she called my house home, I couldn't believe it. I was just so happy and satisfied that she thought that place was now her home, which it was. It is.

"Home.." I repeated.

She looked at me with her eyebrows raised as if I was stupid. She let out a small laugh and nodded her head.

"You're surprised I called your home my home?" She asked with a small smile on her face.

Her cheek was super red and I just wanted to rewind time or something like that but that was impossible.

"Yeah.." I said.

She laughed and leaned her head against the window. I got out of the car again realizing that the dad needs to give her a chance and I'm sure he would, no matter what. I got to the door sitting down my back towards the door, I was facing Talia and she just kept looking straight ahead at the road.