Treasure Hunt | Chapter Fourteen

Loran turned down a snowy street, "Do me a favor," he slowed the car down to the street's speed limit. "Close your eyes."

"What for?" I looked over at him.

"It's part of the surprise."

I huffed at him and then closed my eyes. "When can I open them again?"

"When I say so, duh." He chuckled.

I held in a scowl but was aware of the SUV coming to a stop and then the engine shutting off. "Okay, Dalton, this surprise is kind of multi-parted."

"A-huh." I shrugged and heard his car door open and shut, then mine opened.

"I'm gonna lift you out of the car and then carry you the rest of the way, is that alright with you and the baby?"

Kick. Kick. Kick. Kick. "Yeah."

Loran picked me up bridal style and shut my door with a kick. I slid my arms around his neck in fear of falling.

"Don't worry," He whispered in my ear, "I won't drop you." His seductive, husky voice sent shivers tingling through my spine.

He walked for at least a minute before releasing the hand that was holding my back and I tensed up. "Okay," He chuckled and I was vaguely aware of being lowered to my feet. "You can open them now." I blinked a few times at first and then realized I was looking at a closed door. I looked up at Loran and he smiled, "Open it."

I twisted the brass knob and it creaked open. "Surprise!" Ariel and Logan, who was holding a small blonde child, shouted, nothing but pure excitement on their faces.

"Wha-what?"

"We found a house with five bedrooms for only a thousand a month, and we took it." Logan explained.

"Stop," I looked at Loran, "You can't be serious."

"Dead serious."

"But...who's the fifth room for?" I cocked a brow.

Loran walked over to his twin and took the child from his brother, then stood in front of me. "Dalton, this is Zach, my son."

"Hi." The little blonde boy, Zach, grinned as he gave me a small wave and then went back to sucking on his thumb.

"You have a son?" My mouth dropped, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I had to know you, what kind of person you are, what kind of parent you'd become."

"And...?"

"You're amazing, so amazing already. But there's one last thing I need to show you." With the hand that wasn't propping Zach up, Loran led me down a wide hallway, we then stopped at a closed door. "Go ahead," He whispered, "Open it."

"Oh my God..." It flew out of my mouth, tears welling up in the corners of my eyes. "Seriously?"

"Seriously." Loran smiled.

A crib to one corner, and a rocking chair to the next, a dresser and a couple of outfits on it. "I can't even begin to express how I feel-"

"Shh," Loran smiled and set Zach on his feet. "Your rooms right behind us."

I turned around and was met with a matching door. I opened it to find the room empty except. "Mistletoe?"

Loran's hands cupped my lower back, pulling me in closer, his breath fanning my face for a couple of seconds before I was pulled into utter euphoria as he kissed me.

--Zach--