Treasure Hunt | Chapter Three

Treasure Hunt - Chapter Three

I wasn't crazy. Something moved from inside me, and I knew it wasn't a bodily function. The force behind it was to...deliberate.

I ran a hand through my hair and started the engine. I left doing at least 10 over the speed limit to get to the light. This was weird, and I needed to figure it out. When I got home, I unlocked the front door and went in, locking it back behind me. I then proceeded up to my room.

I sat on my bed and grabbed my laptop, signing in and clicking on the first internet icon. I then grabbed my notebook and wrote down a list of my symptoms. 1. Increased appetite. 2. Mood swings. 3. Constant urination. 4. Acne. 5.Nausea. 6. Problems concentrating. 7. Tiredness.

I typed each in and wrote "what causes..." and then wrote them down. Each one had one or more in common. But the main one...pregnancy.

Pregnancy? As in pregnant, with a baby? But I can't become pregnant...I'm male. I have a dick! I've never even – oh no.

No. No. No. No.

That can't be right!

I can't be pregnant. That's physically impossible. Right?

Right?

I looked at my phone – 12:45 – Ariel would be at lunch. Good.

I dialed her number and thankfully she answered on the second ring. "Hullo?" Her mouth had to be packed with whatever the contents of her lunch included.

"Ariel, I need you to come to my house." I tried not to sound panicky, and hopefully she wouldn't catch on – she's kind of dense.

"How come?" She swallowed, allowing a free mouth.

"I just...I just really, really need you, Ariel." I sighed.

"Give me ten and I'll be there."

"Thank you." I said and hung up.

Exactly ten minutes later, Ariel and her boyfriend, Logan, and his twin brother, Loran, were on my doorstep.

"My mom took my license away for that parking ticket–" She rolled her eyes in frustration, "–so I had to call Logan to come pick me up but he couldn't find his keys so we roped Loran into bringing us." She quickly explained. Ariel had been my best friend for as long as I could remember. She had fire engine red hair and dark hazel eyes. "But anyway, why weren't you in home–room today?"

"I had to have a meeting with my parents and the principal because they think I'm depressed." I almost shouted, almost ripped my hair out.

Ariel let it all in before nodded. "Why don't we talk in privacy?" I looked over at the twins, Logan was rambling something to Loran but Loran wasn't paying any attention to him, instead, those Lavender–Grey eyes were staring at me.

She led me into the den and I wanted to suddenly cry. "I'm not depressed, Ariel, but if I tell them now...they'll believe it more than they did a few hours ago."

"I'm sorry, Dal. I'm so, so, so, sorry." She hugged me tightly to her and swayed a little bit. "But you're so strong." She was the only one who knew the truth.

"There's something else, Ariel..."

"What is it?" She bit her lips.

"I swear to you that I'm not lying or faking, or anything like that." I gulped and could feel the tears now. "I think I'm pregnant."

"How is that possible?" She raised a brow. "It's not...is it?"

I bit my lips, my teeth scraping over them. "All of my symptoms are ones you can get with pregnancy." I paused. "And I found that...that some people are born with both sets of sex organs. It's like a mess up with cell division or something! But, Ariel...I think that's me."

--- Harry ---