Treasure Hunt | Chapter Eight

Because Abbie and I were the youngest, our brothers let us sleep on the couches while they took the floor. "So what are your plans?" Abbie asked as she laid diagonal to me.

"What do you mean?" I strained to look over the couch arm at her.

"You can't just bring a kid into the world and not have any idea how you're gonna feed it or clothe it." She snapped.

"That's enough, Abbie." Peter sensed the hostility in her voice and knew where she was going with this.

"No, Peter! He has to face reality," She sat up and so did our eldest. "Him keeping it is wrong, he's still in school, he has no job, and he has no means of supporting this kid! He doesn't even know who the damn dad is, so on top of all that, he's a slut–"

Anger built in my chest, I stood up and pushed her back so that she fell back on to the couch, that made Drew and Harry stand up to my defense while Peter stepped in between me and our sister in case she retaliated. "First," I hissed, Abbie's eyes growing large now, "You're a fucking cunt. Second, just because you became a whore and aborted your baby, doesn't mean I am! And third, I was fucking raped again and again and again until the point where I wanted to lay in the tub and slit my fucking wrists! So if you have anything else to fucking say then say it because I'm really fucking tired of your shit."

I didn't wait another minute, I grabbed my things and went to my room, grabbed my keys and got in my jeep. I turned it on and got the heat going. While it was warming, I pulled my t–shirt and hoodie up, exposing my small bump.

"I love you, you know...you're just what I needed in my life to show me that I'm gonna be okay, you're my treasure, and I love you so."

And I felt a tiny nudge from within me, as if my treasure was letting me know.

--Drew--