Treasure Hunt | Chapter Nine

I woke up the next morning in Ariel's bed. In my distressed state of mind last night, I spent the night here, and she'd called the twins, so they shared the one person sized futon in the corner of her bedroom.

But when I woke up, Ariel and Logan were still snoring. Loran, however, was sitting up. "Good morning," He gave me a small smile. His hair was messy and out of control and he slept shirtless.

I liked it.

"Morning..." I yawned and stretched, feeling relief as my back popped and cracked.

He hesitated as he looked over at the two sleeping – and snoring – and then looked back at me, a smirk playing on his dark pink lips. He stood and grabbed a random shirt from his bag.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he offered me his hand. I laid my palm in his, his hands were warm and smooth, and slightly a little larger than mine. It felt nice but it felt awkward to hold his hand as he pulled me up to my feet.

"Do you want to go get some Frozen Yogurt with me?"

A smile broke its way on to my face. "Please."

We walked to the next street over to the Frozen Yogurt shop and he said he'd buy me whatever I wanted. I supposed I should have tried to make it at least a little healthy, but no, once I stepped inside, I was hit with the craving for chocolate topped with lots and lots of frozen cookie dough chunks. (A/N: That's how I eat my froyo lololol) After Loran paid, we sat in the seats closest to the doors and began to eat.

"So...how's your baby?" He asked, sounding shy.

"Healthy." I felt giddy. "It has a really strong heartbeat and it's starting to kick a lot more."

"That's great."

"Thanks."

He smiled at me and took a big bite. "It's nice to be out," He mumbled.

"Yeah," I shrugged and half smiled. "It is."

"So..." He tapped his fingers on the table and bit his lip.

"So..." I shrugged.

His lavender–grey eyes were studying me with curiousity. He had long finished eating as I was nowhere near even being half way done.

"What?" I asked him.

"Nothing." He smiled and shook his head.

"Nothing usually means something." I mumbled.

"It is something," He agreed, "Just not right now."

"Oh," I smirked. "Okay."

Loran smiled and laughed lightly. I liked his smile, and his laugh. I didn't hear it often, not like Logan's. Logan was always happy, but Loran ever rarely changed his straight face. It made me curious as to why.

"We should get going, Ariel and Logan are either trying to find us or they're having sex."

I laughed, "The latter seems more realistic."

"It sadly does, doesn't it?"

Turns out the two of them were still sleeping when we returned. "I should probably go home. I didn't exactly tell anybody I left." I said.

He smiled. "We should hang out again."

"Yeah," I smiled and nodded. "I'd like that."