Chapter Forty-four: Family Man

TONI
"Good morning baby momma!" Dre greeted me as he walked into the kitchen and planted a kiss on my cheek.

Pushing him away from me "Uh uh don't come down here bothering me."

"Oh quit acting like that. You like when I bother you."

"Whatever" I said putting his food down in front of him

"Thank you"

"It's just breakfast Dre."

"No not that, I meant thank you for letting Nessa stay here last night and you staying too. I know this wasn't your ideal trip to LA but it's not often she gon have both of her parents with her in the same house so thank you."

"Aww look at you being all sentimental. But I get what you're saying with us living on different sides of the country it's nice to give her some normalcy. We should try and do family stuff like this more often."

"Yea we should. I miss waking up to you every morning."

"Dreee don't start"

"What I'm just being honest."

"I don't wanna talk about us right now. I have to get ready for my meeting so I should go get dressed."

•••••••••••••••••

"Aye T, I can just drop you off to your meeting on me and babygirl way out." Dre said putting his plate in the sink.

"Okay cool. Where y'all headed?" I questioned

"To the store. Ima let her pick some shit out for her room. Lemme run upstairs and get the rugrat. Start the car for me?"

"You got it." He tossed me the keys and I headed towards the door. I opened the door to see a random lady standing at the door.
She looked at me as if she had seen a ghost.

"Uh can I help you?"

The girl stood at the door just staring at me in shock. Wtf is up with her? How'd she even get pass security?

"Uh hellooo." I waved my hand in front her face. "Can I help you with something?"

"Oh goodness I'm sorry for staring. I didn't expect to see you here I'm just a little star struck that's all."

"Anddd you are?" I asked confused

"I'm Lisa Dre's girlfriend."

"Oh are you? Well let me officially introduce myself, I'm Toni. Dre's wife."

"His wife?" Her eyes went wide

"Mhmm. Why don't you come inside and wait for him? He should be down in a minute."

"Uh you sure?" She asked unsure

"Yea girl come on."

"Would you like something to drink?" I asked leading her into the kitchen