Chapter Thirty-two: The Good News

TONI
Today is the day I'm gonna tell Dre! Me and his mom flew out to New York together to visit him on set. I made the boys promise to keep their mouths shut because I wanted to be the one to tell him. I ended up going to doctors last week and got a check up, Tamar went with me since I didn't want to go by myself. Come to find out I'm exactly twelve weeks which means I got pregnant the night of the Grammys.

Which is understandable because emotions were really high that night. I'm actually starting to show a little bit its just a tiny bump. So I'm wearing one of Dre's sweatshirts to hide it for right now. We got on set and one of the guards gave us our passes and showed us to his trailer.

"Toni baby are you sick?" Ms. Verna asked staring at me

"No..Why?"

"You walkin around all bundled up in this big ole shirt. For as long as I've known you you don't ever wear clothes." She said pulling at the sleeve

"That's not true, I do too." I responded

"Oh girl please you never wore clothes that hid your figure."

She's right I usually don't ever wear clothes.

"Well I might as well tell you." I said lifting up my shirt revealing my small belly

Staring at my stomach she bluntly asked "you bloated?"

"No I'm not bloated. You're gonna be a grandmother."

"Oh my goodness! Congratulations I can't believe this" she said as her eyes filled with tears "I can't wait to tell everyone!"

"Wait ma, you can't." I said

"Why not?" She asked

"Because I didn't even tell Dre yet. That's why I came out here to surprise him."

"Oh." She nodded her head understanding, "so who knows?"

"Just you, one of my sisters, Suge, and Snoop."

"How those two ding dongs find out before me?"

"They were at the house one day when I had some morning sickness." I explained

"So how far along are you?" She asked excited

"I'm three months now. I went to the doctors last week and got a check up. You wanna see?"

She nodded as I pulled the ultrasound photo out of my bag handing it to her.

"It's still a little early so I have to wait until my next appointment to know the gender."

Reaching out she grabbed me and pulled me into a hug giving me a light squeeze. "Ever since his little brother died Dre always seemed so nonchalant about life. Then he met you and it was like a light turned on and he turned into his old self again. I don't know how many ways to say thank you for making my son happy. He's gonna be so excited to be a father!"

"Well if isn't my two favorite women! What y'all in here doing?" Dre asked walking into the trailer as we broke apart and she hid the ultrasound behind her back