Chapter Forty-two: Co-Parent

TONI3 MONTHS LATER.
*BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ*
The vibration from my phone woke me out my sleep"Hello" I answered groggily

"Wassup gorgeous?" Dre said on the other end

I asked clearly agitated "Dre what you want calling me so early?"

"Toni...it's noon."

"Oh shit!" I said quickly sitting up

Hearing him let out a small laugh "You still sleep in late huh?" He questioned

"I coulda still been sleep if you hadn't woke me up tank head."

"Whoa whoa whoa chill with all the name calling. I was calling to let your mean ass know that I'm in Atlanta for the weekend and I wanted to see Nessa, if that's alright with you." He said sounding so sincere which melted my heart

"Dreeee of course it's fine. Nessa is your child just as much as she is mine."

"Alright cool I'm staying at the Ritz pack her an overnight bag cause she staying with me. I made plans for me and my baby."

"Well look at you daddy."

"I mean you can pack your bag and stay with daddy too."

"Tuh, bye Romelle." I laughed and hung up

It's been three months since Dre came home from jail. Things aren't the same as they use to be between us and they probably will never get back there again. But we're doing our best to try and give Nessa a normal life. Our relationship is still kinda weird but I rather leave it how we are cause it keeps a distance between us and feelings don't get involved. Him and Nessa have a great relationship though so I'm happy about that besides the fact that Dre be dressing her like a little tomboy when she's with him we're doing doing our best version of co-parenting.

•••••••••••

"DADDYYYYY!" Nessa yelled as the door opened

"Hey my little Grammy baby!" Picking her up and covering her in kisses. "I missed you."

"I missed you too! Is this your new house?"

"No baby this not my house I'm just staying at this hotel for the weekend."

"Is it a pool here?"

"Yup and it's on the roof too!"

"Cool!"

Sitting Nessa's bags down I look around the room and back at Nessa who already climbed in the middle of the king sized bed and made herself comfortable. "Well I'm gonna head out–"

"Why you in such a rush?" Dre asked cutting me off. "Relax for a while, I'm finna order some breakfast you want anything?"

"I don't wanna impose on y'all date."

"You jealous?"

"Boy pleased I birthed her." I responded making him laugh