Chapter Eight: I Trusted Him

DRE
I've been down in Tampa for a week now and I don't leave until Wednesday. So I got three days to just chill down here. The show went great! I missed Florida man I forgot how nice it was down here. I even linked up with my old homie Shonda. Yea we dated for a while, but if you really want to get technical about it she was just somebody I called from time to time when I wanted to fuck. I wanted to keep things simple between us. She caught feelings, I didn't, and then she moved. But that was six years ago and I haven't heard from her since.

*Shonda in the MM*

So when we went out to dinner to go catch up, I honestly thought we were going out to eat on some friendly shit. But the way she kept touching on me and flirting with me suggested something completely different. She kept bringing up the past when we were together back in LA. She even said she wanted to come back to my hotel that night talking about she "wanted to go for a swim". Bitch we in Florida it's water everywhere.

In my defense, I never returned those signals she was throwing. I tried to stay very neutral and friendly. I even told her about my relationship. But being in a lowkey relationship is hard. Yea I'm in one but I can't tell people who I'm with cause Toni scared to go public. Once I told her I was in a committed relationship Shonda lost it.

She made a huge scene yelling at me talking about how I did her so wrong and she wanted to give us another shot. She was so loud at the restaurant one of the workers realized who I was and called the paparazzi. Soon as I saw that first camera flash I knew it was over for me. I pray to God Toni don't see this shit. And to top it off before we left the restaurant she told me I had a fucking kid.

*Flashback*

"I could care less about you and your new chick Dre but the least you can do is take care of ya kid." She said as she got up to leave

"I don't have no kid Shonda, fuck is you talking about my kid? We can't possibly have no kid together remember that one day a while back you told me you couldn't have kids remember that you said some shit about not being able to conceive."

She looked away from me and rolled here eyes. "But I did Dre, I ended up getting pregnant and he's yours."

"Well why you ain't say nothing? My number ain't change you knew how to get in contact with me, if the kid was mine why you ain't never tell me?" I asked as I stood up walking towards her. I looked around them and soon realized all eyes were on us. "Look I'm not talking about this right now. Call me tomorrow and we gon talk." I said and walked out

End of flashback

I've been calling Toni non stop since I left the restaurant. Cause I know tmz got some pictures of me and Shonda and I just gotta tell her what went down before anybody else do. I'm back at my hotel and I tried calling her again but she sent me straight to voicemail. She sent me a text instead.

"I was planning on coming down there tomorrow and spending some time with you. But I think it's best if I stay in LA cause I see you already got someone keeping you company." 1:37 AM
She attached a picture from the tmz article with me and Shonda at dinner.

"I'm fucked" I let out a sigh and fell asleep

TAMAR
I gasped in shock as I looked around Toni's house. It was pitch black on the first floor even her Christmas tree was off. "I feel like we just walked into a scary movie and they gon kill me first." Billie said