Chapter Thirty-seven: What's Done In the Dark

TONI
I couldn't take it anymore. I know Dre said he didn't want me down there but I just can't sit here and do nothing. I get dressed and threw on whatever could fit over my stomach. Showing up to the precinct I walked inside immediately going to the front desk.

"Who are you here to see?" The white female officer asked without even looking up from her computer

"Girl why you acting like you don't know?!" This black female officer said jumping up from her seat and into the conversation. "She here to see her man Dr. Dre! Girl I love your music! I'll take you down there myself come on." She said walking around the desk and stopping dead in her tracks.

She looked down and her eyes widen at the site of my protruding belly. Even though I had on a big shirt you could still kinda see it.

"Girllllll!" She squealed "you and Dre having a—"

Quickly placing my hand over her mouth I cut her off before she could finish her sentence "Yes.. yes we are having a baby." I whispered to her. "The public doesn't know yet and we would really like to keep it that way understand." She nodded her head in response as I removed my hand.

"I feel so special you all letting me in on your little secret and what not. You know I never pictured you as the ride or die type but you surprised me." She said locking her arm with mine as if we were the best of friends while leading me down the hallway.

"Ya know my man is locked up too, the Feds got him three years ago and it's been tough so I know how you feel. We can do lunch and talk about it." She rambled on as she led me through the station. "You know I can set up your conjugal visits while he's in here if you want me to." She offered

The girl was being really sweet but annoying me at the same time I was really trying my best to be nice.

"Oh no that's not necessary." I said trying to be polite

"Okay friend let me know if you need anything. Ya mans should be in the second door to your right."

"Thanks." I responded stepping into the squad room as all eyes immediately landed on me.

"Baby what you doing down here?! I told you I ain't want—" Dre said doing a double take as I stepped in the door

"It don't matter what you want Romelle." I said cutting him off.

"Who the hell is Romelle?" Jimmy asked

"You're client." I responded simply as I sat down in a chair.

"I pictured you as more of a Michael." Jimmy said shrugging his shoulders. "But anyways back to the task at hand. I need you to tell me everything Dre and when I say everything I mean every single detail. I'm gonna need every bit of information to try and get you out of this."

"Okay."

"Tell me who's this guy they're accusing you of wacking."

"His name is John, Johnny samuels." Dre said

"Samuels from the old neighborhood?" Cube questioned

"Yea him."

"The one that got your brother kilt?" Snoop asked jumping in