Chapter 33

Chapter 33:

-          Niall’s POV –

Day 45:

I woke up to my alarm early Wednesday morning. I groaned as I rolled over and slammed a hand down on it. I’d been so excited about my day with Liam that I couldn’t get to sleep the night before. It took me a second to realise that it was finally morning and I shot out of bed. I ran to my closet and changed into the outfit that I’d laid out the night before, then walked into the bathroom and spent what must have been a good half hour doing my hair. I know you’re probably thinking that I’m obsessing right now, and you’re probably right, but I don’t care. I checked myself over one last time in the mirror before heading downstairs.

Today was the day that I was going to make Liam fall for me.

I walked into the kitchen and was scared to death by a huge clap of thunder. I swear it made the entire house shake.

Oh no.

I ran to the window just in time to catch a bright flash of lightning, shortly followed by ten thousand litres of rain all falling from the sky at once.

Shit.

I kicked the chair next to me in frustration; knocking it to the ground, and screamed out.

 It’s still summer! Why the fuck is there a thunderstorm right now?! This ruins everything!

I was about to scream out again when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I collected myself just in time to see Liam appear in the doorway.

“What’s going on..?” He asked as he ran a hand through his hair; his eyes still adjusting to the light. My eyes grew wide. He was shirtless.

Of course he has to be fucking shirtless, going by my luck it’s a god damn miracle that he isn’t completely naked.

He looked up at me with such a defenceless look and I almost pounced on him then and there.

“It’s raining...” I sighed before walking over to the chair that I’d knocked over and picking it up.

“Did the rain knock that over then..?” He smirked.

Crap.

“Uhh, the thunder gave me a start... I knocked it over by accident...” I mumbled; scratching the back of my head and averting my eyes from his. I had to make a conscious effort not to start drooling over him.

I heard footsteps then suddenly Liam’s bare arms were around me and pulling me against his chest. They tightened around my neck and my heart started to race. He buried his head into the crook of my neck and moaned; his voice still low from waking up. It sent a shiver right through me.

“What are you doing so early in the morning..?” I managed to joke. He sighed and I felt his warm breath on my neck. I blushed.

“...it’s my birthday. I have the right to hug you whenever I want.” He mumbled before squeezing me even tighter. I couldn’t resist the feeling of his warm body against mine and found myself wrapping my arms around his waist and hugging him back.

“You always have the right to hug me whenever you want...” I murmured.

Shit, did I say that out loud?

I felt him smile against my neck and his hands suddenly grabbed my waist and pulled me back from him. He flashed me a brilliant smile and stared right into my eyes. My heart skipped a beat.

“...so what are we doing for my birthday..?” He asked. Something about the way he said ‘we’ made me smile. I sighed.

“It doesn’t matter... the rains gone and ruined everything.” I grumbled. He smiled back at me and my heart started to race again. I didn’t know why he had me reacting to every single little thing he did today and it was only making me more nervous every time. He reached up and ruffled my hair before grabbing my head and pulling it against his chest. I felt him press his lips to my forehead and I blushed yet again.