Chapter 44

Chapter 44:

-          Liam’s POV –

Day 59:

Niall grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the line. I thought he was going to stop once we were in the garden but he didn’t. He kept running; pulling me with him. My heart was starting to pound out of my chest.

Why is he here..?

I tried to get a look at his face to see what he was thinking but he was too far in front of me. He was squeezing my hand so tightly. That little voice in the back of my head was telling me that he was claiming me as his. I found myself blushing at the idea.

I opened my mouth to speak but the words wouldn’t come out. I sped up so that I was finally running beside him and he shot a sideways glance at me; his eyes finally meeting mine. He quickly averted his gaze and we suddenly ran behind a line of food vendors. We slowed down and Niall pulled me into a side alley between two buildings. Once we were out of sight he slammed me up against a wall and pinned his hands on either side of my head. His eyes locked onto mine. We were both gasping for air.

“Wh-What’s going o-“ I started but he cut me off.

“Yo.. ca... ch..se..er...” He panted. He clenched one of his fists next to my head.

What..?

“What? I didn’t hear y-“ I started. He punched the wall next to my head.

“You can’t choose her over me!” He yelled. His face had twisted into a pained expression. My eyes widened and he fell forward; resting his head on my shoulder and staring down at the ground. Everything fell silent for a moment and I could hear nothing but our heavy breathing and screaming far off in the distance. Niall slowly unclenched his fist.

“Don’t leave me...” He whispered. “...I can’t take you leaving me.”

I heard him draw in a choked breath and I realised that he was crying. My heart felt like it was about to break. My body started to move on its own. I slowly raised my finger to his chin and lifted his head so that he was facing me again. Our eyes met and I felt my heart stop completely. We were so close. We stared back at each other then I saw Niall’s eyes slowly drift from mine down to my lips. He tilted his head slightly and started leaning in.

This can’t be happening.

Niall closed his eyes and I did the same as he leant even closer. I could feel his breath on my lips and I started leaning forward as well.

“LIAAAAMMM!! NIAAAALLLL!!” I heard a female voice scream. I shot my eyes open to see Niall already pulling away from me. He grabbed at his hair and screamed out.

“You’ve got to be fucking kidding me!” He cursed. He looked ridiculously pissed. I glanced over to where the voice had come from and saw at least forty fans charging towards us. Niall quickly turned to face me:

“It’s too dangerous for the two of us to be out together, I’ll meet you back at the house later.” He rushed before cursing again under his breath and running off down the alley in the opposite direction from the fans. It took me a second to pull myself together before I realised that I had to run as well. I bolted down the alley after him and out into a courtyard area. I span around; searching for Niall, but he was already gone.

“LIAAAAMM!!” I heard a bunch of girls scream from behind me. I span around to see that another huge group was coming towards me from my right; the first group now coming up from inside the alley behind me.