Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

 - Niall's POV -

Ugh, I didn’t sleep at all.

I was up all night thinking about Liam.

Why did I have to have feelings for my best friend? Why now? What the fuck am I gonna do? What is he gonna do if he finds out?

I’m positive he wouldn’t feel the same. He’d never think of me like that. Hell, most of the thoughts I’ve had about him aren’t something anyone would think of, especially innocent Liam. I know he doesn’t have any problem with gay people but it’s always different when it actually happens to yo-

Wait, does this mean that I’m...? Ugh, I don’t even know. But what if he did find out?

...

He’d probably avoid me; thinking that I was gonna make a move on him or something... He’d probably be right too. I’m not that strong. It’s only a matter of time at the rate I’m going.

Soon I’ll probably snap and tackle him to the ground; forcing my lips onto his... My hands would slide up under his shirt and over his rippling muscles... I’d begin to slip my tongue into his m- Snap out of it Niall.

I sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes.

Seriously, what are you thinking?

I shook my head and got out of bed. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower, hoping it’d help clear my perverted mind. I waited and waited but the water never warmed up. Crap. I turned off the shower and walked out into the hallway towards Liam’s room. I snuck across his bedroom floor and was about to enter the bathroom when I heard his voice behind me:

“O...Oi! What are you doing?” I heard him mumble. Shit. What the hell am I doing? I only now just realised where I was: In my underwear in the guy I liked's bedroom. Well done Niall. I honestly couldn’t remember how I got here. I spun around to see Liam sitting up in his bed; shirtless. Yes. That’s right, fucking shirtless. I seriously don’t need this right now. And staring right at me. I felt my body start to heat up.

 “O...Oh! Mornin’ Liam!” I managed to choke out. There he was in his underwear, and me in mine. I’ve never been so self-conscious in my life. My body was now on fire as I felt his gaze roll over me. Liam seemed to daze out for a few minutes. “...You alright Liam?” I asked; trying my absolute hardest to sound normal. I failed.

“Ye-Yeah...” He stuttered. Crap, he knows something’s up! Act normal!

“The hot water’s out in my shower, so I was gonna use yours...” I said; again trying my hardest to sound normal. I failed again.

“Go right ahead, I’ll meet you downstairs.” Liam said as he got up and walked out the door.

Shit, that was so awkward.

As soon Liam shut the door behind him I turned around and bolted into the bathroom and slammed the door behind me. I turned on the shower, took off my boxers and jumped straight in, not waiting for the water to warm up.

“...Shit.” I cursed to myself. I leant forward and to rest my forehead against the shower wall and closed my eyes as I let the freezing water run over me. My body was still on fire. I could still feel Liam's gaze on my body, and that image of Liam shirtless; in the morning, with bed hair, in a fucking bed, in his underwear, calling out to me decided to imprint itself into my mind.