Chapter 28

Chapter 28:

-          Liam’s POV –

Day 41:

I heard the door open and glanced over my shoulder to see Niall looking up at me. I jumped down and landed closer than I’d expected to him. He stared at me for what seemed like forever. I started to feel self conscious. Suddenly his eyes widened and his face turned bright red. He shot his glance to the mirror then took a step back before looking me up and down. I felt even more self conscious.

What the hell is he thinking about..?

Without realising, I took a step closer so that I could try and read his expression. He suddenly shook his head and then zoned out again. I couldn’t help but take advantage of him. I wiped my finger along the side of my roller and collected a huge blob of paint. I reached up to his face and smudged it on his nose. He finally snapped out of it and crossed his eyes; staring at his nose. It may have been the cutest thing that I’ve ever seen in my entire life. I found myself smiling uncontrollably at him.

My smile quickly vanished however, when he uncrossed his eyes and started to lean towards me. I froze; unable to move or look away as he came closer. I saw his lips part slightly and my heart started to race. He tilted his head to the side and cupped my cheek. His eyes locked with mine and he kept leaning closer.

Holy shit, is this really happening..? I’ve always been the one who leans in. He’s never done it before, even as a joke...

He stopped when his lips were less than an inch from mine and closed his eyes. My heart was pounding out of my chest. I felt his nose snuggle against mine; smudging paint all over it and a shiver ran right through me. He pulled back and smiled a dazzling smile back at me. I wanted to kick myself.

Idiot. Why would he possibly want to kiss you?

I blushed and bit my lip; averting my gaze from his.

You stupid, stupid idiot, make it more obvious why don’t you?

I clenched my fists and shot a sideways glance at him; unsure of what his expression would be. He was staring back at me in shock.

Shit. He noticed.

I felt my throat close right up.

I’d screwed up.

“Liam... you...” Niall started but we were interrupted by Louis knocking on the door:

“Hellooo! Everyone better be clothed in there! I don’t wanna be traumatised like Niall was!” Louis called.

I blushed even darker.

Shit.

Louis walked in with a huge grin on his face and an extension pole in his hand.

“Niall, here’s the thingy you wanted.” He said; holding the pole out to him. Niall took it hesitantly and glanced back at me. I quickly averted my gaze and took a step towards Louis.

“Louis, can I talk to you? Like, now?” I asked. Urgency was tainting my voice and I’m sure Niall noticed but I didn’t care. I had to get out of here. Louis shot me a confused look but when he saw my expression he nodded and gestured for me to follow him out of the room. I started to head for the door but Niall grabbed my hand and pulled me back. I stared down at our hands before looking up to see the world’s most painful expression on his face. I wanted to hug him with everything that I had when he looked like that but I knew that I couldn’t. I had to be strong and pull away, or else I’d lose any chance of covering up what just happened.