Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

-          Liam’s POV –

Day 30:

I slammed the door to my bedroom and grabbed at my hair in frustration.

How the hell could he act so cheerfully? Does he not even care about what he saw last night? Did he not even think about us while he was gone? Did he even miss me a little bit?!

I took a deep breath to calm my thoughts.

...

No. He didn’t care about what he saw, because it had nothing to do with him. He probably forgot about us completely while he was away. He didn’t even call.

I glanced at the cast on my hand.

I’m such an idiot; getting so worked up over things that turn out to be so trivial.

I squeezed my right hand. The pain was now gone and I was going to the doctors in half an hour to get it taken off. Finally. I ran a hand over the cast; reading all the messages that people had written on it:

Louis: Don’t go getting so worked up next time, you’re a pain in the ass to take care of! xx

Harry: It must be difficult being hard all the time <3

Zayn: This is karma for waking me up.

Sarah: Great to see you again Lili! Hi-five! Oh wait...

Leah: Aww, get well soon! Xoxo

I smirked. Funny that Leah; the person I’m the least close with actually wrote the nicest thing on there. I heard a knock on the door behind me and jumped.

Shit, I hope it isn’t him... I can’t face him after this morning.

I thought back to that thing in my bathroom earlier. Just remembering the feeling of his eyes on me made me blush like an idiot. Then I realised I hadn’t answered the knock:

“...who is it..?” I asked. I didn’t turn around because my face was still bright red. There was a pause for a second before I heard his voice.

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled.

Wait, what?

“I shouldn’t have left without saying goodbye. Especially to you.”

I started to turn to face him but stopped myself half way. My face was still bright red.

“I didn’t leave because of what happened that night. I left because I had to sort through some stuff on my own, and I knew that I’d just be a burden to you all until I did.” I tensed.

How did he know what I was thinking..? 

“...I’m sorry.” He said again. I smiled.

He does care.

I span around to apologise but he was already gone. I felt my heart sink.

Don’t leave again.

I kind of lost control for a little bit. 

I started after him and crept down the hallway towards his room; hoping he’d be in there. He was. I peered in to see him unpacking his suitcase on his bed. It’d been so long since I’d seen him in there. While he was away I’d constantly check his room; hoping he’d have come back without me realising. Every time it was empty though. I missed his touch, his laugh, his smell, his eyes, the feel of his lips, the feel of his body pressed up against mine. I still wasn’t in control. I started to walk forward and I didn’t stop. I reached out and slid my hands around his stomach and pulled him back towards me. I buried my face into his shoulder and slid my arms right around his waist and squeezed him tight.