Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

 - Niall's POV -

This past week has been torture for me. Why you ask? Three reasons:
1. Louis
2. Liam
3. Louis and Liam

I can’t stand it.

Ever since we went out to the bar the other night those two have spent every waking minute with each other. I’ve barely spoken to Liam at all this week, and to top it off; Louis has been shooting dirty looks at me all week. I don’t even know what I’ve done. All I know is that after the past few days; I’ve been wanting to shoot them back. I guess I’ll start with Louis and Liam, because that’s what’s been cutting me up the most.

Day 4:

Amy and I had been dancing over near the DJ booth and I had brought her over to meet the guys. Liam and Louis were missing, and the guys had said they'd went to get some fresh air. I hadn't thought much of it so we'd gone back to the dance floor. I was dancing with Amy when I looked up and saw Liam and Louis come back in through the back door; Louis’ arm around Liam’s waist, Louis with his arm around Liam's shoulders, Liam leaning right into Louis' touch with eager. My heart had ached with jealousy.

I told Amy that I wanted to go and say hi so we walked back over to the table. Amy called out to them and started talking to Liam and Louis, I wasn’t paying attention to the conversation. My eyes were firmly focused on Liam and Louis’ hands which were intertwined. They were just casually holding hands in the middle of the bar, right in front of me. I felt that stabbing pain in my throat grow worse as I watched their hands swing back and forth. I was only brought back to the conversation when Louis announced that they were leaving and held up their still-joined hands for everyone to see. He dragged Liam out the door before I even had a chance to say goodbye. I almost chased after them when I saw how eager they were to leave hand in hand. I didn't like one second of any of that.

That night I'd been dancing with Amy as a distraction to get my mind off of Liam, and to prevent me from doing something stupid while I was drunk that I knew I’d regret. I didn’t even care that I was using her by that point, my sanity depended on it. I got her number and we said goodbye shortly after the others left. I couldn’t think of anything but Liam and Louis by that point anyway.

Day 8:

I walked into the living room to see Zayn and Liam laughing, Liam was on the couch and Zayn was picking himself up off of the floor. It was the first time that I'd seen Liam smile in days. He’d barely been talking to me, or anyone else apart from Louis, and it was really getting to me. Before I could even say hello Louis shoved past me and grabbed Liam’s hand; pulling him up off of the couch and into the corner. He leaned in next to Liam’s ear and whispered something, still holding his hand.

That stabbing pain in my throat came back again. Liam smiled as Louis whispered something in his ear then turned and patted him on the shoulder. I tried and failed to swallow my jealousy. They both laughed and smiled at each other. It was like they were in their own little world. I clenched my fist. Liam slid his hand down to the small of Louis’ back and I almost broke. I tensed and looked away. I couldn’t take it.

The doorbell rang and I ran to answer it; eager to get away from the two of them. I opened the door and let Amy in, greeting her as she came through the door. I'd invited her over because the thought of Louis and Liam had been driving me insane the past week and even when I'd met her for coffee I'd still been unable to escape them. Why did I have to had seen them being all cosy like that on the couch together? Anyway, my distraction had arrived and I was finally starting to relax again. It hadn't lasted long.