Chapter 16

{A/N hola amigo/as :) so I was thinking that I would really like to give out shout-outs to those who encouraged, supported, and gave feedback on this story. So, this one goes to AlexTheLionRawr :P <----- one of my Wattpad buddies :P anyway, so today I was out exploring the world of Wattpad that I surprisingly hadn't seen yet, and discovered that a lot of people made up stories based on songs.... that of course led me to an idea to do a short story of my own.... If you have any suggestions for a song, please comment, and I'll dedicate a chapter to you :) }

Alex POV

As soon as we exited the car, all three of us shared a weary look. There, in front of us, loomed the figure of an abandoned church. Of course, vampires couldn't actually enter holy grounds, but, this was just a cover-up; it wasn't actually a church. Back in the early years of the existance of vampires, they created secret hide-outs in places that looked too scary for the human eye so they wouldn't enter those grounds. It worked like a charm. Sure, occasionally, there were those foolish humans who tried to act tougher than they really were, and entered forbidden lands. Needless to say, they returned a little less than human.

The church carried an ominous aura to it, sending a shiver down my spine. The church actually looked two stories high, and there wasn't anyone inside it, except eight vampire guards, two protecting each of the four sides of it. The actual meeting place for the Elders was underground. There, the vampires were from the earliest centuries, still carrying their narcissistic values of life.

There were only a few things that could freak me out after I had turned into a vampire, and this place was one of them. Honestly, I have never been to this place before, and just knowing that it's unsafe, wills me to go back home.

But, we're doing this for Juliet..... I'll lay down myself willingly in holy water for her. I twisted my neck to meet Darren's eyes; they held nothing, but honesty. Right then, and there, I knew he was perfect for her.

Now, we just need to bring her back so you can tell her by yourself. I didn't have to look at him to know he had a sad smile plastered on his face. I sighed and shook my head.

I can't believe I failed that miserably at protecting her. I promised myself I'll do anything for her to be safe, and I can't believe I made the stupid mistake of trusting her with Cameron! I don't give a shit if Darren refuses to believe the truth, but I know that I have never hated someone as much as I hate that sone of a bitch. She's my only family, and I love her to pieces.

I wonder what Juliet's doing right now. I wonder if she's okay. I wonder if she's even-...?

Mentally slapping myself, I yelled at myself that I can't think like that, of course she's okay! I have this barrier in my mind that lets me block out the truth that we might not succeed; that Juliet isn't okay. But, I refuse to believe that. We're twins; each others' halves! She has to be alive! She needs to be alive for me, for everyone!

But, what I do wonder is if our sisterly bond will grow stronger if- when she comes back.

God, I'd give anything to bring her back; anything!

-----------------------------------

Darren POV

There was a constant stab of pain through my chest. It was like I was human again, and I was experiencing the pleasure of drowning in torturous hurt. The ache deepened with each step I took towards the church, fear engulfing me on the way. Both Alex and I took no notice of Samuel, who seemed to be the only brave one out of the three of us. As we reached the front gate, two burly vampires stepped forward. Addressing Alex with a formal bow of their heads, they took two steps backwards and opened the black door. The thunderous storm above us roared to life on cue as the door swung open. Alex was the first one to go in, hesitation clearly visible. Samuel and I followed after, both considerably less sure of this idea.