Chapter 17

{ A/N, yes, yes, haven't uploaded in awhile; but I think you guys are used to it now, right? Sorry, though, again. I think it was since I posted up a new story; Love, Or Arrange Marriage (check it out?) and got GREAT feedback on it, so I put most of my time in that :/, sorry, though! It's not like I've forgotten about Juliet, Darren, Alex, and Cameron! THEY'RE MY BABIES! I COULD NEVER FORGET THEM!!!! Lol, anyway, it's probably a crappy chapter, but eh. I'm TRYING ~ "gosh! give me a break" *looks away, tearing up* -M BTW: i found out I'm more comfortable doing present tense, so here goes nothing :) }

Juliet POV

If vampires had good hearing sense, we would've been slaughtered, re-incarnated, strangulated, and buried by now. I guess someone with the built of Cameron couldn't possibly be as graceful and elegent, and quiet as a ballerina. But, he could at least try.

I groaned for the fifth time, as he steps on something. Sure, it's dark in the hallway, but, he's been a vampire for how many years? Exactly. I sigh and rest my forehead on his back, since I was right behind him. For the hundredth time since he broke me out of the cage, I say to him, "be quiet!"

"I'm trying!" Cam hisses back. After that, I just choose to not say a word. If we'll get caught, at least now there's a slight chance that may be we can escape this warehouse since I'm not chained anymore.

A sudden thought pops in my head, "Hey, Cam?"

"Be quiet!"

"Did you ever tell anyone else that you were coming to rescue me?"

For a full minute there was silence, letting me know my answer. Dread fills my body, while there's an urge to throttle somebody. Preferably, Cameron.

"I-I, it-just, I-"

"Save it," I tell him, removing my head from his tense back, "it's okay. Whatever happened, happened."

Cam turns around, and looks at me admirably, before tip-toeing around the corner, and fading into the darkness of, yet, another hallway. I mentally curse because at this rate, we're practically moving slower than a snail, and practically asking to get caught. "Can we go faster?" I ask him in a calm voice. I refuse to whine; I won't lose my already-battered dignity that easily.

"If we go faster, we won't be careful, and if we're not careful, we-"

"We face our doom. Yes, yes, you explained that two minutes ago... And, three minutes before that."

"That's because you asked two minutes ago... And, three minutes before that," Cam replies sarcastically. I roll my eyes; now that his true personalty is out of the closet, I learned that he's an even bigger dickhead than Darren.

And, now, of course, since I, again, stumbled upon the hopeless topic of Darren, I enter the depths of my despair. { A/N <--- Adele, anyone?} Would I ever meet him again? And, if I do, will there be more than just, you know, friend-zoning each other!?

Cam snorts before looking right and left, then continuing on, glued to the wall, "since you're quiet and looking like a fat kid who just lost his favorite Popsicle, I'm guessing you're thinking about my brother?"

"Wow, you have killer intuition," I bark at him sarcastically.

"Woah, what's with the sudden mood-swings, Shakespeare? No need to be so dramatic!"

"Knowing you, you probably were the reason Shakespeare died!"

Cam spins around to face, looking indignified, "Me!? I swear it wasn't me! I was just-"

"Wait, wait, you- you know how Shakespeare died!? I ask him, incredulous. "How?!"

"Um, well, you see-" I roll my eyes at Cam for the thousandth time, when I noticed his stuttering.