Chapter 13

A/N I was literally jumping out of my seat while doing this chapter <3 haha hope ya'll like it :) anyway, nuttin much else to say, yo... Peace out homie (<----- BTW, don't worry, I'm never going to say tht again, lol)

Juliet POV

After Cam asked me out, I was debating whether to tell Darren. Sure, he'd be pissed, but he deserves to know. And, besides, even if he doesn't agree, who am I to care? So, that settled that. I planned on telling him in the morning. But, of course, when have things ever ended in my favor? This morning, the man himself was nowhere to be found! In the end, I got frustrated by hunting for him in the entire mansion, that a ridiculous thought taunted me. Why the hell didn't I just ask anyone!? That would've saved me valuable time. So, now on a new quest, I went man-hunting for my new buddy, Sam. He was the one who helped me buy the supplies for Darren's prank. He's pretty chill. I smiled goofily to myself as I realized how stupid I sound. Since I was so lost in my ever-so-sensible train-of-thoughts, I bumped into someone.

Rubbing my nose, I looked up to meet amused, light hazel eyes. "Ca-am,"

"Is it possible for you to be more clumsy after being turned into a vampire?" He let out a small, playful chuckle. Pretending to be offended, I squinted my eyes up at him, as if to say, 'What-you-gonna-do-about-it!?!?' I could tell he was trying not to laugh, when he faked holding his hands up in a surrendering motion. But, instead, I burst out laughing, only for him to join me. After our silly fit of mirth, he motioned for us to walk. "Okay, seriously though, what were you doing there? I honestly saw you pass that hallway for the fifth time."

I gawked up at him. Fifth time!?!? "Wh-hat? I- no- that- I was looking for Darren," I finished stupidly. I seriously thought that I was in a different hallway than last time. Shaking my head at my own idiocy, I mentally slapped myself for losing my nonexistant A-game.

"Don't you remember? I told you last night, he wasn't going to be here," Cam answered with an adorable frown on his face.

"Oh," my nose automatically scrunched up in realization, "I did forget." Trying not to seem suspicious of him hiding the fact where he forgot to mention where Darren went, I asked, "Oh, and where did you say he went again?" I purposely twisted my waist so I was looking at him, yet keeping track of not tripping on the hardwood floor.

"Oh- well, um- you see-"

"-And, don't lie," this time, I hardened my voice. I don't appreciate being lied to.

In the end, Cam sighed, "I'm sorry, trust me, I don't like lying to you," at this, a bittersweet emotion crossed his face, "But, I had to. It's not something that you should find out from anyone other than Darren himself."

Overwhelmed by this confession, I excuse myself and sped away to my room. Where the hell could Darren go that is so secretive!? I avoided thinking of it as something bad. I really can't, and don't, want to imagine Darren in that light. Mustering up all my courage, I decided that I'll ask him himself later when he returns. But, the anxious feeling in me never left. Suddenly, the walls in my room seemed too much for me to want to stay here. I backed up slightly, feeling overwhelmed and claustrophobic. My legs kept shaking as I trudged backwards, while trying to free my brain from a massive head-ache. My back faced a rock hard wall.

A wall, you know, that could speak, "Jules, are you alright?" Cameron's voice filtered in my mind, and it felt like gravity snatched me from flying up. Everything seemed to still, including my migraine; it felt like I was back on Earth.

"Ye-eah, I'm fine," taking a deep breath, I continued, "Just beat."

Cameron's concerned eyes never wavered when he offered to have an early start on our date.