Chapter 4

Juliet pov-

The flames licked the walls and attacked the furniture. The smoke was filling my lungs. I gasped, reaching for air that wasn't there. 

I gasped and opened my eyes, startled. I tried to move but it felt as if my bones were run down machines, croaking and groaning as they were being lifted.

Ignoring the pain, I paid attention to were I was. I gasped once again. The glass bottles on the counter shimmered, the air rippling around me like water. I even noticed the curly threads poking out of the couch.

Then I thought, wait what? I don't own a couch.

I gazed around the room. More attentive this time. Then T heard a voice, soft as if it had been blown my way accidentally. 

"You get used to it," the ringing voice said.

I snapped my gaze towards the sound. Prey. Enemy; were the first words that popped in my head. I whipped of the chair and let out a ferocious growl, speeding towards the sound. I knocked him off his feet and ended up straddling him, with my nails at his throat.

"What. The. Freaking. Hell DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!?!?" the guy screamed as if I was hurting him.

Suddenly, everything fell into place; Darren.

"Yeah, it's me, you dense-headed idiot!"

"Darren, I really don't think spiking my anger right now would help you..." I ended with a threatening chuckle.

"Ugh, just get off me! I need to teach you how to control your powers."

"Excuse me? Did you just say powers? Does that mean....?"

Darren only answered with a nod, my rage peaking at its top. Suddenly, it felt like a twig snapped inside me and all I felt was pure and utter rage. My vision turned crimson red and I lunged at the nearest object. The object, which turned out to be a wooden tables, instantly snapped in halp. Shards of wood flew by me in slow motion. a sharp pain rippled through my lips and upper gums. I made somewhat of a chocking sound as the pain subsided but my upper lip curled back. The fresh air hit my mouth faster than I could've imagined and I let out a ferocious growl. Meanwhile, Darren, still awkwardly laying on the groud, had closed his eyes and seemed to think deeply about something.

"Who. Turned. Me?"

No answer

"Who. Turned. Me?!?! DARREN, I swear if you don't tell me right now I will snap your head off your body!"

Darren flinched at this and took a deep breath. My face flushed as I realized I could feel the air change as I felt his breath tickling the atmosphere around me. He smelled earthly... And innappropriately comforting.

'Glad to know your not-so-PG-rated thoughts'

I narrowed my eyes " You want to play?" I ask threateningly. "Then lets play," Daren widens his eyes and gulps audibly.