Chapter 19

{ A/N thanks to everyone who's commented and voted! It really means a lot to us since this was mine and Lea's very first book on here! .... Lea's a turd so I'm writing this chapter alone... Like I've been doing for the past 15 chapters.... Yes, Lea, you should feel really guilty right now -____- This book might be coming to an end soon.... Well, soon as in a couple more chapters, not as in SOON in updating, 'cuz we suck at writing quickly. Writer's block seems to love us. Anyway, I (MAHNOOR ~ NOT lea, but Mahnoor) hope you like it the chapter <3 }

Cameron

"Hey, brother, " I obnoxiously greet Darren. I could practically see fire swirling out of his nose with his deep and controlled breathing. 

"You're so fucking dead, " He hisses through his clenched teeth. Bring it on. 

I hate you.

I can't lie and say that that didn't hurt, because it did. Darren was the closest family to me since... Forever. I understand I had been cruel to him, but-

Cruel!? You- you- I can't even begin to describe how much I hate you. You're a disgrace to our parents, you know that?

I let him get away with that. Normally, I would've punched his face off, but I knew what he was saying was true. Disfiguring his face wouldn't erase the truth. But, that didn't mean it hurt any less. 

From now on, all you deserve is pain. 

Ignoring that jab, too, I try to reason with my brother, "Darren, listen to me! I know I've made a mistake, but I realized it- " 

I stumble back with the force of the punch. He really went all out out with his strength this time. 

"You piece of shit! I hate you!" I let Darren hit me one more time, all the while trying to control my own anger. If I lose it, either he's dead, or I am tonight.

Punch after punch make me walk backward until I hit the ground. Darren begins to kick at my ribs but I make no move to prevent them. A couple hits had me withering in pain, but I controlled it. 

"Darren!" Alex's unsual high pitched voice thunders. Pausing in mid-kick, Darren rapidly spins around to look at her holding an unconcious Juliet in her lap. For a second, everything visibly freezes for Darren before he regains himself and speeds over to them. 

Darren, still in shock, drops to his knees and cradles Juliet, taking her from Alex. Alex masks her emotions, but I could still see the pain underneath. 

I could still read her like a book. 

I remember the first time I met her which was when she got me out of trouble from Scott. I was instantly in love but I knew she wouldn't care. She was royalty and I was just her filthy bodyguard's disgraceful brother. We were from two different classes and she wasn't the type that would be interested in me. She wasn't the type to be patient with someone as cold-hearted as me. So as bitter as it had felt, I let her go because wasn't that the right thing to do? 

I half-blame her for my ruthless-self now.

If she had just seemed a little more lenient and tolerant, may be, my heart wouldn't have been shattered so easily. I know it was my choice that I never even confessed, but I'd rather love her from afar not knowing if she loves me back than loving her and knowing that she doesn't. 

Darren knew about my feelings for Alex which is why he screwed with her. I remember him telling me about it, but for some reason I never believed him. Alex didn't seem like she would fall for him, but that mean it hurt less. I wanted to ask her so badly, but just because I couldn't believe it didn't mean it couldn't be true. I was scared shitless of her answer. I was terrified it was a 'yes'.