Chapter 15

{ A/N sorry for the long wait :/ had some difficulties at home, and since Lea is out of the country, she can't do anything either :( but, anyway, here you go, champs; a new chapter just for you :) hope you like it, and, please, please, please vote and comment! We can use all the encouragement we can get....... Anyway, read on, my lovelies (btw, I think I just found my new catch-phrase lol) }

Alex POV

As Darren was speeding down the highway, I made sure to keep my emotions in check. One sign of weakness in front of the Elders, and they would pounce on it. Besides, I didn't want Darren to worry any more than he already is. I know that I'm scared shitless for Juliet, but, it's common sense that whoever kidnapped her isn't going to kill her. 

But, that depends in why they did kidnap her, Alex.

Darren's voice softly floated in my mind. It was barely there, that I could've mistaken it for my own thoughts. Discreetly, I  looked over my shoulder at Samuel to see him gazing out the window in the back seat. He's a loyal guard, but, lately, I don't know who to trust. It's not like I trusted Cameron in the first place, but, I could never have expected this level of betrayal from him. Darren suddenly slammed the breaks, sending me flying halfway from my seat. If it wasn't for the seatbelt, I would've been thrown through the wind-shield. 

Surpressing a groan, I angrily snap my neck towards him, "What the fuck, Darren?" I purposely ignored that he disrespected me. 

"E-everyone is innocent until proven guilty." I could tell he was holding his own anger back in. Although, his eyes had turned dangerously black, I could tell they held a hint of fear. It took everything in me to hold back the pitying feeling inside me. But, even if Darren refuses to believe that Cameron might have something to do with the kidnapping, it doesn't mean that I will. 

Cameron is innocent. He glanced through the rear-view mirror at Samuel before resuming to drive. 

I get that he's your brother, and, if it was me and Juliet, I, too, wouldn't believe that she could do this type of thing. But, face it, Darren, Cameron has disappointed not only you, but also me, too many times, that he just doesn't deserve to be honored with trust.

Can't you at least believe that even someone like him can't be that evil. Can't you at least think like that?!

No.

Between our argument, none of us displayed any emotions on our faces. I didn't because I didn't want to include Samuel on something this personal. Why Darren carried a cold look on his face, I only had a vague idea.

Because the girl I'm possibly in love with is missing, and my dear brother might be the reason why.

Quickly, to catch the emotion on his face, I turned to look at him, only to find his face blank. I was surprised that he admitted his feelings for Juliet, but happy at the same time. They both would keep each other entertained, to say the least. With that thought in mind, I turned my head to face the wet window, and gazed at the ominous thundering clouds above. 

With one last prayer, I closed my eyes and imagined Juliet in the back seat, laughing and playing along with us. A melancholy feeling settled in my heart, knowing that that wasn't possible at the moment.

-------------------------------------

Juliet POV

I stared pathetically at the chains, hoping that they'll break me free on their own. The ridiculous stench in this cage bothered me to the point of crossing the limit. It was really fogging my brain that I couldn't think straight. I had a feeling that I've been captured for almost a day now, but I couldn't tell the time. The only soure of light I had was from a feeble light bulb hanging from the ceiling of the cage. It provided a good enough visual for inside the inside cage, but the outside's a complete world of darkness. Sighing, I again picked at the chains only for my nails to scratch against them.

The sound of the keys rattling alerted me, followed by a soft creaking of the door. A shadow emerged, before it was engulfed by the person himself. To display my displeasure, I hissed ferociously, purposely flexing my fangs.

"Ssh, it's only me," a familiar voice whispered. At the sound of him, I struggled against the chains harder. Since they were humongous, the noise echoed through the cage and beyond. He quickly ran to me and tried to stop me. Hell if he succeeds.

"You need to be quiet, love," he began, but I cut him off, trying to pierce his skin with my fangs. He expertly dodges the pathetic blows of my mouth, while still carrying that apologetic look on his face. "I really am sorry, Jules."

In reply, I manage to spit on him, earing a disgusted glare. "Go. To. Hell."

"Listen, you little brat, I'm here trying to break you out, and you're fucking messing with me." In one second, his whole face changed. His soft, regretful eyes suddenly engrossed in annoyance. But, I wasn't really surprised that much. After all, he is the reason why I'm in this situation.

"I don't need your fucking help. For all I know, you could be leading me into a bigger trap, you dickhead."

Cameron took in a big, unneccessary breath, and harshly whispered, "Do you want to break out or not?"

"You-"

"Yes. Or. No?"

"Go-"

"Yes. Or. No!?" I gave him an annoyed look before I reluctantly nodded. Sure, I was taking a huge risk here, but, as long as it's getting me out of this cage, I'm sure I can think up of something quickly if Cameron decides to pull something on me.

Satisfied with my answer, Cameron's face twists into a mask of mischievnous. It would've been uncanny of me to not catch the contagious mood swing.

With one last smirk, Cameron raises his hand, like he's about to hit me with all he's got, except there's a knife in his palm. Instead of being scared, I knew what he was doing, so I matched his smug expression. I vaguely heard him mutter 'let's get to work', before the sound of ripped chains blasted in my ear.

**********************************

{ A/N alright, peeps (<----- btw, 'Peeps' is actually a name of a real book!!!! how weird is that!?!? I actaully attempted to read it, until i learned that it was about rats; how I didn't know before is beyond me) anyway, hope this satisfies you:) and on a completely different topic, I went through all the chapters and notices we lost our readers each chapter, so it would really mean a lot to us if you would recommend our story to your friends and everyone else.

And now a random (well, not really,) shout-out to; readforlife for being incredibly supportive of xoxobesties :) you really are a doll, Emma <3

Farewell, my fellow kingdom-of-Wattpad-livers <3....................... Until next time *evil laugh* }