Chapter 5

Darren POV

This.chick.is.insane.

Honestly, what's wrong with her? Her nails are digging into my neck and she has that menacing look on her face. Since she was a newborn, she had the slight advatage of being stronger. I tried throwing her off of me, but she held her ground firm.

"What is going on in here?" Alex questions curiously.

We both sprang apart at vampire speed. Alex had this amused, yet weary look. Like she was going to regret saying something. "Jules, since you're a vampire now, you need to move in with us." Juliet, for a second, looked dumbfounded before her eyes widened in surprise, and her face turned to an unattractive shade of pick indicating that she was fuming. Bad.

"The hell, Alex? now i have to give up my normal life too? this is not fair!" Alex flinched from her tone and tried to reason with her. Juliet, being the stubborn one she is, refused to even let her say one word. I stood there awkwardly and crossed my legs a few times before i realized the room was quiet.p I looked up to meet two pairs of eyes staring expectantly at me.

"What?" i asked confused.

Alex let out a sigh of frustration before asking me again, "can you take Jules back to the apartment for her things?" I nodded, really surprised that Juliet gave in. I peeked at her only to find her glaring at the floor. Oh, well, this isn't awkward. I wanted so badly to hear what she was thinking, but i didn't dare. I probabbut was an egotistical jerk but not a pig;i wouldn't invade in her privacy when she needs it. so instead i asked, "ready to go?" Juliet looked up and nodded expressionlessly and head out the door without waiting for me. i threw up my hands in a surrender motion and looked up at the ceiling as if asking an invisible force 'what's wrong now'?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juliet POV

The whole car ride i was silent. I had nothing to say, and screw Darren if he was listening to my thoughts.

Even i couldn't comprehend where my train of thought was going. As soon as he reached the apartment

building, i got out and slammed the door. I knew it wasn't his fault, but i needed some sort of a punching bag

to vent out my anger and Darren is the closest person who i could take out my feelings on. Yay him. I didn't

bother turning around to see if he was coming or not.

i headed inside the building only to crash into someone. Someone with a rock hard chest. i looked up to meet a set of an endless pool of blue eyes. A hand reached out to steady me from both my left and right. i fought of a blush and and stuttered 'thank you'. the freaking Abercombie model replied with a modest nod. he stepped back only to seemingly 'asses' me as most men would probably asses a girl. i rolled my eyes and barked at him, "are you done checking me out or just take a picture 'cuz that will last longer". he looked down and rubbed his neck sheepishly.

"Sorry, and i'm Cameron. Though you n't blame me," he finished with a wink. I rolled my eyes and pushed past him and headed up the stairs to the apartments. Ignoring Cameron's 'wait', i trudged rest of the way. i mean even if i was a vampire, i was surely allowed to date human guys, right? i sighed and mentally slapped myself- of course not! they would turn 60 and i would still be 19.

"so you met Cameron, huh?" i nearly jumped out of my skin when i heard Darren's voice from behind me. 'You sneaky littler rat!' i thought to myself.

"Yeah, actually more like 'bat'" Darren commented.

"Yeah, so? Do you know Cameron?" i couldn't help but free some of the excitement into my voice. But i nearly retracted my words as i saw a flicker of emotion in his eyes. The hell's that about?

"Just- just stay away from him!" he yelled. he actually had the balls to yell. That SOB!

"Please sensor your thoughts- i don't actually like being cursed at."

i rolled my eyes and said, "why? you want Cameron for yourself?"

i fought off a laugh when i saw a disgusted look cross his face. "Hell no! He's my brother!"

Damn.