Chapter 6

And here I was, thinking for just one second that the first decently hot guy I come across would be normal. But of course not. Why would anything be simple, I mean, what's the fun in that?

I looked over at Cameron who was still staring at me from the lobby and realized he still looked just as hot and I still wanted to lick his abs that were showing through his tight shirt.

"EWWWWWW!!!!!!!!" I heard from my side and turned to see Darrens face crinkled up in disgust. The scene would've been hilarious if I wasn't the victim...

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT!!!! STAY OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!". I screamed at him, trying to supress the rising heat in my cheeks.

Darren flinched at my pitch. He looked up at me sheepishly through those long lashes. I sighed, I'm a total sucker for long eyelashes. I tensed, looking up at Darren who hadn't moved an inch. I sighed in quiet relief. That was close. Honestly, Cameron and Darren run a close match. Tryiing to decide who's hotter is like trying to pick between vanilla and, you know, vanilla.

Cameron looked between th both of us, trying to figure something out, when his face brightened in surprise, but darkened in the next second. I was disturbed and quickly looked away as Cameron turned to face me.

"So, um, you two know each other?" he asked, his face still holding that dark look.

Darren answered 'no' at the same time I answered 'yes'. "Yeah, we do know each other," I forcefully informed him while shotting Darren 'you better explain why you did that' look. He seemed to have heard that since he gave me a sheepish grin.

"Oh, that's, um, cool?" Cameron looked unsure of what to say.

I rolled my eyes and asked, "so, this isn't like a reunion thing or something? You're not going to bro-hug or

whatever? C'mon! You're brothers, at least hug!"

"Ew, gross, hugging's for girls!" Darren replied.

"Yeah, 'cuz he's so worried he'll get cooties!" this time, Cameron rolled his eyes. I shifted my weight from one foot to another in amusement.

"Dude," Darren warned, only having Cameron mimick him. "Shut.Up." Darren says thorugh clenshed teeth, while again Cameron mimicks him. I let out a small chuckle causing Cameron to look at me and give me a heart stopping wink. Even though it only took a second, Cameron was suddenly slammed into the far wall causing a huge dent in it. I was secretly glad that no one was in the building at this time because the wall looked like it was punched by a giant countless times.

Barely effected, Cameron expertly flips Darren to his right while stepping infront of him, similar to their pose before. Cameron had his elbow jammed at Darren's throat and he kept struggling to get free of it. An unrecognizable feeling swept through as I realized I was concerned for him. Even though, Darren looked like he could fight off a complete team of professional wrestlers, Cameron was most probably older and a more experienced vampire. I raced to their destination only to come face to face with a pissed-looking CAmeron. As soon as he noticed I was coming to them, Cameron's expression softens and Darren's looks like he's about to explode.

Meanwhile, I have my own explosion; "The hell was that about? Are you stupid, Darren?" I felt regretful as I realized that that might've came out more bitchy than concern, and i hated to see the genuine hurt look on his face.

"Trust me, love, he'll be fine," Cameron reassured me. All the soft feelings I had for him before were suddenly gone. May be, more like temporarily.

"And you! What were you thinking?! Attacking your own brother- I mean sure he started it, but seriously, did you have to fight back and almost cut off his breathing?"

"Love, you're forgetting that we're vampires. We don't need to breathe."

"That is SO not the point!"

Both Cameron and Darren hung their heads in shame. Good, I thought, although I was a little overwhelmed at how quickly they obeyed me.

"We're really sorry, Jules. I don't know wh- it was because I don't like being teased," I knew DArren was going to say something else, but he changed his mind. He was lying, that I could say. Even Cameron gave him a 'you're a freak' look. Darren replied with a 'shut the eff up, a-hole' look.

"It's fine- actually, it's not. Now, both of you are going to help me pack my stuff up, okay?" I smirked at what trouble these two got into. Darren seemed confused, while Cameron seemed to know that if he stayed around to pack, he wouldn't like it.

"Um, actually i got to go... to a place for the...thing and I won't be able to stay becasue of the... thing," My God, he was a horrible liar.

"Yeah, uh huh, sure. Now, both of you follow me, and not a peep." I turned around and walked up the stairs to my apartment door, aware that the brothers were giving each other weary looks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darren POV

Vampires don't feel anything. Anything as in tiredness (unless it was extreme), exhaustion, or restlessness (unless forced). But, as soon as we entered the apartment, I recalled the memory of extreme exhaustion from my human days.

The only thought that came to mind was; this girl's a mess.

And a heavy shopper.

Her apartment would've been an ideal one if it wasn't for the clothes draped on every inch of it. Literally. All types of clothes, everywhere; you couldn't walk around without stepping on them, and whenever either me or Cameron did, Juliet would yell at us.

Juliet; tall, sarcastic, beautiful, and the only girl (besides Alex) who can put up with my crap. But, of course my brother dearest had to go and ruin it. He's probably going to charm his way in and settle with her, while I get to watch from the sidelines.

Screw him.

I snuck a glance at him and realized that him and Juliet were laughing about something. A strange feeling- that I've never felt before- settled in me. I looked away and continued to pack her stuff. It was enough to be around her, but having her scent on everything i touched took me everything I had in me to hold back from ripping Cameron's throat off and taking Juliet all for myself. But, of course, if I did that, she would cut off my balls and make me eat them. I shuddered visibly, choosing to ignore the wierd looks they were giving me.

As soon as we were done with all the packing, which wasn't soon enough, Cameron tagged along with us to get to the house. I don't know how Alex would react since she knew Cameron better than even I did, but I took the chance. It didn't mean that I wasn't extra annoyed though. Try having to listen to your only crush in your life flirting with your brother. Then multiply that by an infinate number, and viola; you're where I am right

now.

The whole ride I was silent. I guess Juliet noticed my mood because she tried to catch my attention from the rear view mirror. I blocked all her thoughts away and focused on the road. Yeah, so I'm giving her the silent treatment for something she didn't even do; sue me.

Except all that silence, which was way harder for me than expected, went to waste when Alex called. I fished out my phone from my pocket and put it to my ear, not giving a crap if I got pulled over.

"What's up?" I began.

"What's up yourself, Jules is with you, right?"

"Of, course. Al, is everything okay? You seem worried, love."

"No, it's just- uggh, just hurry up and get home fast. We have guests."

I wondered who it could be, and that still wouldn't be a good thing because what if Al freaked out if she saw Cam?

"Listen, Al, before, we ran into-"

"Save it Darren, you need to hurry and bring jules along. Right now."

I sighed in frustration, "Why?!" I demanded.

"Because the Elders are here."