Chapter 14

{ A/N so last night when I logged on to WP, I discovered that the missing half of XOXOBESTIES (our beloved LEA) had returned..... yay. I'm kind of mad at her at the moment (I had this huge rant but I erased it) Well, anyway, hope you guys like the chapter. P.S. (you don't have to read this) my cousin took me to a pet shop on my birthday to play with cats 'cuz I don't have one because my mom hates them, and let me just tell you that I was in love! They were effing adorable! *wipes a tear* when I get my own place to live, first thing I'm getting is a cat ~ no doubt about it! -M}

Juliet POV

A sharp kick in my side had me groaning. A scrachy voice boomed in my ear, "Yup, she's awake." Almost instantly, my vampire insticts kicked in; my cuspate fangs pierced through my gums effortlessly, and my eyes dissolved into a pool of black. I struggled through the countless chains restricting me from tearing the bald man's head apart. His own fangs penetrated his over-sized lips while he made a move to hit me. But, the only thought running through my mind was, Huh, I guess some vampires aren't lucky in looks.

"Stop," a velvety voice full of authority ordered from beyond the shadows. My mind vaguely registereed it as the voice from the night of Cam and mine's date. At the thought of Cam, I struggled harder. Sometimes all you can do is be angry to keep yourself from crying. Or, in my case, hyper vatilating. 

"Who. Are. You?" I hissed through my teeth, air ferociously rubbing against the fangs. The mysterious voice tsked.

"Already forgot, Miss Juliet?" The waiter. I realized this as he adressed me formally. That bone-rippling shiver returned with more force. "Huh, I guess we will be doing a favor by removing this blockheaded newbie. I guess-"

"Scott, there's an emergency," a lanky looking vampire stormed through the rusty, camouflaging door. Immediately, the concealed profile of the voice stepped into view.

He made an annoyed face, satisfying me, before talking to me again, "I guess I'll have to emotionally torture you some other time." With that, him and the fugly face-dude left through the door, with the lanky guy.

For the first time, I noticed my surroundings. That would've been helpful. I was in some sort of cage, though the side I was facing was all stone, with an old door. Outside the cage, was all darkness and nothing more. Oh, and did I forget to mention the fact that there were billion chains the size of a grown man's hand each lock locking me? Needless to say, they looked unbreakable.

For the first time in my life, I felt helpless. And, hopeless. Everytime, I was in trouble, I never gave up. I took help from others, usually Alex, and that led me to believe that if you really want something, you can get it with will-power. But, the sight along of my surrounding ripped my will-power in shreds.

But, one more thing always helped me conquer, and that was that I believed if I'm going down, I'm not going down without a fight.

-------------------------------------------

Darren POV

The chair I was currently sitting on was on the floor, pathetically staring back at me in pieces. I glared at it as if the chair will bring me answers.

One of the vampire guards in front of me, Samuel, spoke up, "Listen, Darren, if we're going to find her, you have to have a cool, collected mind." It took all my strength not to rip the kid's throat and rain it on his head. Instead, my chests heaved with unnecessary breaths, while my fists clenched on their own. Even though I fucking hate everyone right now, the kid's got a point.

"Thank you," Sam answered, making me realize I had dropped the mind barried that separated our thoughts from communicating. Momentarily, I let my angry facade disappear, and let the weariness take a hold of me. I don't think I could forgive myself if something happened to her.

"Nothing's going to happen to her, Darren," Alex strolled in. Samuel instantly stood up and bowed his head in respect. Instead of being worried, or mad, she looked solemn. "Right now, we have two options," she took a seat infront of me, and next to Samuel, "if it's a ransom, we have to wait for the call. If it's something more serious, we have to take action right now. And, glaring at inanimate objects isn't going to help." Her lasts words were emphasized, but I couldn't care less if she was Royalty.

"And, how do you suggest we take action? Alex, we don't even have a single clue," at what I said, her eyes snapped up to meet mine. She angrily stands up and strides over to where I was.

"We don't have a clue!?! Or, is it that you don't want to believe we don't have a clue?" I used my hand to pull at my hair. My anger was getting out of control, and all I could think was we're not anywher near finding Juliet!

"What the hell do you mean?"

"CAMERON, Darren, CAMERON! He was with her the night she disappeared! And, if he's so innocent, then why the hell isn't he here, right now!?!?"

"No- he- he can't- iT'S NOT POSSIBLE!"

Alex makes a face of pity, which makes me more furious. Feeling the need to get this pressure of my chest, I slam my hand into the glass window behind me. I still don't feel satisfied as my whole body shakes with denial. I could feel my eyes diffuse into a dangerous black, and my fangs pleading to come out. I situated my hand on the wall across from me to use for support. I grip the wall so hard that it chips of a little. All the while, the room, itself, becomes silent as hundreds of pieces of glass rain. My hand doesn't even register any pain. All I can think about is that he can't do this! He can't stoop to this level. He just can't!

"Yes, he can, Darren. Open your eyes!" For the first time, I notice Alex's eyes hold her age. Even though she's not as old as other vampires, her face and her expression says otherwise. Juliet missing has effected her just as much as it has effect me, if not more. 

Mustering up a deep breath, I say, "Everyone is innocent until proven guilty." I have no idea why I chose to defend Cameron. All he's done is betray me. But, he- he can't. I know he can't.

"What do you suggest we do, your Highness?" Sam, for the first time since Alex came in, asks.

Without looking at him, she replies, "If we need to find answers, we have to go to the Elders."

Meeting my steady, yet surprised, gaze, she blinks unnecessarily before storming out the room with Sam following. Once more, I pick up a chair and hurl it across the room, watching in angst as it shatters pathetically. It had been awhile since I'd ask God for something, but, for Juliet, I actually prayed tonight.

------------------------------------------------------

Scott POV

Drake and Malcolm stand infront of me, both wearing faces of hesitation. I roll my eyes, and stroll over to where they are. Confidently, I put my arms around both of their shoulders, and give them a squeeze.

"It's no problem, guys. Cheer up, I have everything under control."

"But- but, Scott, the Elders know everything. They can tell that Alex bitch what really happened to Juliet." Drake speaks up. I've always hated this kid. He doesn't have the soul to be a true vampire. I mentally chuckle, who am I kidding!? None of us have souls!

"So? Let the stupid Elders speak their stupider prophecies. That'll lead them to us, and then we'll finally have both the sisters. It's a win-win!" I end with a forced smile.

"But, they would have trained armies-" I cut off Malcolm, the ugly bald guy, with my hand.

All humor gone, I tell them, "yes, they would have armies. But, they're not flawless.... One major setback for them."

"And what's that?" Both ask in unison.

"They are empathatic. They won't be able to be as merciless as we can.... And, trust me, we have no plans to give mercy to them."

{ A/N nothing much to say, except hope you liked it, and vote, comment, and fan :) }