Chapter 7

{(A/N sorry, guys, for the late updates; someone isn't keeping their promises *cough* lea *cough*...... anyway, i'd just like to say thank you for those who took their time to read our story- criticism is welcomed please vote, comment, and fan, suggest to the other Wattpadders, and enjoy :) -M}

Juliet POV

To say I was depressed was an understatement. Three reasons actually; Cameron took the front seat; stupid Britt, I wasn't ready to confront Alex, and Darren was avoiding me. I tought it was only girls who had impossible mood swings? Anyway, I tried to clear my boredum away by counting how many trees we pass from the window. My counting was interrupted when Darren's phone rang.

"What's up?" Darren asked the person on the other line. I felt infuriated that he could be so casual after PMSing so much. But most of all, I felt hurt. It hurt even more that I realized that he was talking to Alex. Al for short, I thought bitterly. Whatever, I looked over to Cameron, only to see him mindlessly staring out the window. His face was like a blank canvas exposing his sharp, yet gentle features. I was so absorbed at ogling Cameron that I didn't notice Darren had disconnected the call and now looked distressed. Forgetting about Cam, I immediately felt worried for Darren. I worriedly asked, "What's wrong?!"

"Just- just nothing. Don't worry., we just have a minor complication at home." I didn't like how he gave a nervous and fake chuckle at the end. Yeah, right, I mentally messaged him. What's the real matter?

You'll know when we get there. Meanwhile, Cameron looked like a lost puppy staring back and forth between me and Darren. Finally, he huffed in annoyance and went back to looking out the window. Well, at least Darren's talking to me again.

Why? You missed me? My head snapped up to see Darren smirking at me through the rearview mirror.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"We're home, loser!" I yelled as soon as Cameron (hestitantly), Darren, and I stepped into the house. I was in a relatively good mood than before, though Darren's constant worried glances kept unsettling me. "Alex? Where art thee?" I playfully exclaimed in Renaissance english. Cameron snickered from behind me while Darren sent me a warning glance. Alex peeked her head from around the corner of the hallway, and motioned for us to come follow her. She looked frustrated for a slight second but then she quickly composed her features. Alex returned to where she had come from. Cameron and I exchanged apprehensive looks, while Darren led the way to the room Alex had disappeared into. The room turned out to be some sort of a meeting area since there was a huge table in the middle, closed in by twenty or so chairs in each side. The room was huge enough to fit that big of a table. Windows on the opposite wall of the door delivered a beautiful view of the pink and purple horizon, blanketed by outlines of trees. Of course there were other people seated in the room that didn't go unnoticed by me. They were wearing unusual black cloaks that fell to the floor, creating a pool of silk around their feet. 

"Juliet, come sit." Alex ordered me, her voice quivering slightly. Shocked by her nervousness, I sat down farthest away from the visitors quietly. 

Calm down, love. Darren's voice filtered into my mind and I gave him a breif nod to let him know I heard. I gulped and finally met Alex's clouded eyes. I tried to focus on the narrow chance that this might not be bad news, but I knew I was only foolong myself.

 "Juliet, for you to understand this whole situation, you need to not interrupt me. You also need to be open-minded and not rush to conclusions. If you have any questions, trust me, I'll answer them as best as I can. You wanted complete honesty? Well, here it is.

"You know how Mom had slept with Dad- Jack? And, then he had to give us up because the Elders were tracking us down? Yeah, so when he gave us to his close friend, Daniel, to send us to an orphanage, Daniel had erased our memories as well as powered down our vampire hunger and abilities. That was because he used to be an elder. He had rebelled against their... strict... ways, so he was no longer considered honorable. Anyway, Daniel surprisingly still had his powerful knowledge with him, and he used it  on us. That's why we somehow were raised a human life. And, since Mom was human, you had more human genes than vampiric. I inherited more from Jack, that's why I became a natural vampire. Daniel and Jack were both royalty, and that's why I'm royalty now.