Chapter 23) Goodbye

I was fumbling with my keys as i tried to open my car door. But that was hard seeing as i was a mess, and i couldn't really see a thing because of the tears. ''Fucking hell'' I yelled, as i slammed my small fist against the car.

This night had gone as i had feared, but i didn't think it would end this bad. I finally got my car unlocked, and just as i opened the door, i heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and looked at Laurel. ''Maya i..'' She started to say.

''You what? You're a bitch? Yeah i already knew that, but never had i thought my so called best friend would act like this..'' I said angrily at her. I moved my hand up to dry away the tears with my sleeve. 

''You didn't even let me explain about that interview, you just assumed that i was sleeping with Ashton! And then you got mad because you thought i was lying to you, when i told you i wasn't!'' I continued to say to her, raising my voice slightly.

I walked over to her and pointed at her with my finger. ''You, the one person who knows me the best, just assumed i would do something like that! Fuck you Laurel, i thought we had each others backs at all time!'' I yelled at her.

''I-i... I just thought..'' She stuttered, as she looked like a lost little lamb. ''You thought what Laurel? You thought i was gonna spread my legs for him, huh? And honestly if i did, then it wouldn't matter anyways. You do that all the time, so if i did something like that, you have no right to judge me'' I said harshly at her.

''Well you obviously did that with Luke, so i can't really see a reason to why you wouldn't do that with Ashton too..'' She said back. But how my best friend in the whole wide world was acting this way? I had no idea.

She was always the one who would take a guy home from the club, she was the one of us who was acting like a little hoe. She was the one who would have sex with someone in a toilet stall, but never once did i judge her for it. Because i knew that was just her way, and if she wanted to act like that? So be it.

But for her to say that about me? Oh hell no, i wasn't gonna let her win this thing. She knew that i didn't just jump anyone. So before i even thought about it, i slapped her. Hard.

''You know i'm not a person who just does that! I'm nothing like you Laurel, i don't sleep around, i'm not the one of us who goes home with strangers, just to sleep with them'' I spat at her.

I could see by the looks in her eyes, that i had in fact hit a nerve. ''I only sleep with someone i have feelings for, and you would know that if you really knew me!'' I said, and i really was trying to keep my voice down this time. But well, at the moment i wasn't really good at that.

''I.. I know..'' Laurel said as she let out a sigh. ''Oh so you do know? Then why the fuck would you even say something like that!'' I asked her with anger in my voice.

''Because i'm jealous okay! It's always you people want! Do you know how frustrating that is? Guys always see you, but for some reason they never talk to you, or you always turn them down without realising it! I'm always the second best, so i sleep with them to make you jealous.. I want you to see that i can get anyone, but it doesn't even bother you!'' Laurel yelled at me, as a tear slided down her cheek.

She looked like a mess, but i guess now the truth finally got out. ''Are you serious right now? Of course it wouldn't bother me, cause i didn't like any guy you ever slept with.. And why would i be jealous over you getting fucked by guys you don't even know? Because they were good looking or what? Grow the fuck up Laurel!'' I yelled at her.