Chapter 2) Bodypainting

I woke up, my neck was hurting. Falling asleep on the couch was not a good idea. I stretched and let out a yawn, i rubbed my eyes. I took the glass i had used to wine, and went into my kitchen to put it into the dishwasher. I looked at the time to see it was already nine. I had to meet up with my friend at ten, for brunch. I let out a curse under my breath, and hurried out to take a quick shower. Picked out a dress that went mid thigh, did a light make up since i didn't really like putting on a lot on my face. So just some eyeshadow, and a bit of mascara, put on my heels and then i was out.

I walked towards the little cafe, we had agreed meeting at. As i was walking i got a text from my friend.

From Laurel: Sorry, but i'm running a little late. Be there soon

To Laurel: No worries, i'll get us a table

And i thought i was going to be late, seems like the tables turned. When i got to the cafe i sat at our usual table, i told the waiter to wait, until my friend came.

As i sat looking through the menu, Laurel came. She sat down in the chair in front of mine, the table separating us. ''Sorry, i woke up late'' She grinned ''It's alright.. I did too, but thank you for not making me the late friend'' I laughed. We ordered english breakfast, she got a smoothie, and i got an Icedtea.

''So i assume you've been working, since you were the only one saying no to going clubbing this weekend'' Laurel chuckled ''You know me..'' I chuckled, our food came, and we began to eat. ''Is Liz back yet?'' Laurel asked me ''Yeah, she got back last night, when i sat in the studio'' I told her ''I seriously love that woman, remember the time when i came to hang out at your work'' She said, bringing back the memories ''Yeah, i thought i was gonna get fired!'' I laughed.

It was back when she hired me, i was doing so much to impress Liz. With all the work i had done, i was the last one in the studio. And then Laurel came, she was bored and wanted company, and she thought that since it was a friday it would be a good idea to bring alcohol to me.

But Liz was also at work that day, i told her i was sorry about Laurel coming there with alcohol. But Liz shrugged it off, and found some glasses for us. Saying that we should live while we were young, then we sat there drinking with Liz.

''She's the coolest lady alive, i wish i had her like aunt. Or mom'' Laurel laughed ''How is she by the way?'' She asked me, ''Well.. She seemed to have it fine, but i can feel how hard it is for her. Not being able to see her son as often as she would'' I said, as i took a sip from my drink. ''It must be really hard.. But how about that thing you talked about?'' She questioned me ''We have gotten some really amazing pictures. But she says there's something missing for one wall, at that big gallery she rented for the grand event'' I said. The time was flying by, and there was only a month until we had to put everything together, at the big gallery. The photos would be on display, important people would be coming. There would be buyers, and others that we should impress.

''Well i hope it works out, i'm looking forward to attending'' Laurel said as she took a bite of her food, ''Me too'' I signed. I was really nervous about this, because some of the photos i had taken would be on display too..

We finished our brunch, payed the waiter. And then Laurel dragged me along to some stores, she claimed that i had to find the perfect dress for the grand event. ''But Laurel, there's like a month until'' I said ''Yeah a month! You have to look your absolute best, you want to make a good impression'' She said while we went into the fifth store of the day.

This was one of the most expensive stores, but lucky for me, Liz pays well, and i had saved a lot of money up. I looked around, trying to find a dress, when a woman came up to me ''Hello, can i help you?'' She asked giving me a sweet smile. ''Yes you can. You see my friend here, have to look absolutely breathtaking. There's going to be this big event, and she has to look her best'' Laurel said, speaking for me.